View Other Content
Hero Express Trophy Guide
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10
- Offline Trophies: 27 [ 1 4 22 ]
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to plat: 6-10 hours. (Each track will take you about 30 minutes to master. 1 hour tops if you struggle in the beginning.)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: ...11 tracks... play each till you beat it.
- Number of missable trophies: 0
- Glitched trophies: 0
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: You can earn everything in Normal Mode.
- Do trophies stack: No
- Bonus: Its cheap only $4.99
Hero Express is a fun new little game, its a simple 2D physics based driving game, with a very straightforward trophy list. You don't have to beat any other racers, or beat any time, all you have to do is get to the end of a track alive.
Hero Express has 11 different tracks, each with there own unique vehicle, finish the track, upgrade your ride, that's it for a new platinum!
There are a few different ways you can control your little cars, you can use the triggers, or the buttons, or the thumb sticks. Have a play around and see what suits you best. But what i found was the simplest, and how i played the entire game, was just using the thumb sticks.
>> To Accelerate.
<< To Brake or Reverse.
>> To Lean Forward.
<< To Lean Back.
To use Cleaner Power Up. If you get a mucky screen.
To use Jump Power Up. To help boost yourself over the top of a big hill, or to save yourself if your heading straight into a hole or pond of death and doom.
Guide & Tips:
The goal for this platinum is simple, just complete each of the 11 tracks, and upgrade each of the 11 vehicles (to 7 out of 10 in all 4 categories) along the way. That sorts 23 of the 27 trophies out.
All you have to do is keep your car from upturning and exploding, the controls are simple just lean back or lean forwards, and accelerate or brake, but do note It will be impossible to complete a track at the beginning, until you've made some upgrades. The track complete and corresponding upgrade trophies will pop at near exactly the same time. All tracks can be completed with your cars on the 7/10 all cats upgraded. So you will not need to upgrade your car any further. Of course if you have a little struggle at the beginning on the first level like i did, and you get extra cash, sure buy more upgrades why not! But trust me the game does get much easier the more you play
So basically the beginning of each new track is just around a 30 minute mini grind for cash to buy your upgrades, but this is good because it gives you chance to learn the level.
Because of this its not a game where you need walkthrough vids or anything, because you know all the courses well enough by the time you've got the upgrades done.
Completing levels tips & basics -
- Do not just hold accelerate the whole time! You will fly into some water or something out of your control and die that way. Go steady, giving yourself chance to see what is coming up in the track and if you will need to accelerate or slow down for whats next.
- I don't want to teach your grandmother how to suck eggs but, Lean backwards or forwards correspondingly over the curvy track, i.e:
- Lean back if you're going down a steep hill.
- Lean forwards to help you get up a steep hill.
- Lean backwards for extra height and distance for jumps over gaps.
- Use the cleaner power up if you run into something that covers your screen in cack. Also mucky screens makes you go slow.
- Save the jump power up for emergencies. Use if it looks like you're falling straight into something that will cause imminent death, to save yourself.
- Or you can use the jump power up to help you get over the top of a steep hill, to get a little further in the track to get more cash, before you're powerful enough to get over the hill without a boost.
- ....thats about it!
Heres an image just to show you all you need for all 11 upgrade trophies, there is cash everywhere all over the track, so it will soon build up. All cars will have the same 4 stat categories, so just get all 4 upgrade categories up to level 7:
Misc trophies -
After completing all the 11 levels, all you have left now is 3 miscellaneous trophies. Which you can easily get using the little yellow car the 'ZEAT 488' from the New York track.
The Backflipper & The Frontflippper - For doing 10 flips in one run. Your ZEAT car is already upgraded by now, so it is fast and agile enough to get this done easily.
NOTE: A flip will not register until your wheels are completely horizontal again. You will know if a flip is registered because it will pop up "FRONT FLIP X1" on the right hand of your screen. I would go round just a little bit more to make sure it registers.
You do not need to finish the track for the trophy. It will unlock mid-track whenever it has registered 10.
I can fly! - For spending 45 seconds in the air in one run.
NOTE: ....this trophy may be glitched...but in a good way! As it is the first trophy that popped for me right when i had just begun the game at the start of the first level (the New York level)... i'm pretty sure I was not airborne for 45 seconds... (or maybe its a typo n its actually 4.5 seconds). If this doesn't unlock for you straight away, then i have no doubt that once your lil ZEAT is well upgraded that this trophy will be easy for you!
Thats it! All trophies done, simples! Enjoy your new platinum!