blondlizard

• Premium Trader
  • 233 posts
  • LocationLondon, England
  • PSN ID:blondlizard
  • Feedback Score:8

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:14 AM

I’m a huge snooker fan, so much so that back in the 80’s I was one of those nerdy kids running to the front of The Crucible Theatre stage, pen in hand, shoving my programme into the faces of the likes of big Bill Werbeniuk, Steve Davis and Jimmy White. 30 years later I still have not lost the snooker bug, so when Cherry Pop Games toss a code for Snooker Nation Championship 2019 into the P&L inbox, it’s pretty clear who pockets this one.

HighresScreenshot00014.jpg

Snooker Nation is your perfect jump play snooker game, it’s straight forward and so easy to grasp. A simple eight screen introduction explains cueing, how to position the cue ball and the how much pace to execute for potting.  Toggling between different view points helps for those longer pots and give you a fine view of where the next colour is lying in wait. Because of the easy nature of cueing and potting, Snooker Nation opens itself up to a wider audience. Even if you’re a non snooker player, Cherry Pop Games seem to have your back, there’s nothing a non snooker player won’t grasp, (that’s if you understand the rules of the game), or anything fiddly and annoying that’s going to hinder your enjoyment.

Once you jump into a frame and start potting controls feel second nature. Getting a break and sinking red, colour, red, feels so good. The ball physics are spot on. The way the balls graciously roll on the lush green cloth looks very impressive. Okay, it’s not as polished looking as the likes of Pure Pool or Snooker 19, but for a game that comes at a budget price, you really have a class game of snooker on you hands here. The only downside during frames is a rather drab sounding referee calling the points, and there’s zero commentary too (which isn’t a bad thing I might add).

SnookerNation_Screenshot02-1.jpg

Because it’s so straight forward, it becomes a very addictive game. Playing the computer, turns are quick and there’s no thinking time involved for your opponent, it’s all very slick.

If you’re wanting licenced players and real life venues etc, Snooker Nation doesn’t deliver in that department. What you do get is an offline tournament that spans 6 rounds, options to play together online or locally, online leader boards, single matches, and a place to hone your skills. If you’re wanting to bag the game’s platinum trophy then you’ll need to put the hours in. Achieving a 147 break, there you go!

CONCLUSION

Snooker Nation 2019 is a solid snooker experience that comes at a budget price. If you’re wanting to expand your library, but don’t want to leave a hole in your pocket, Snooker Nation Championship 2019 comes highly recommend.

Lizard 8/10

Posted Image

#2 tuffmuff

tuffmuff

KarenMcmuffin, Snufflebutt

• Moderators
  • 2,023 posts
  • LocationWaco, Texas
  • PSN ID:tuffmuff
  • Feedback Score:99

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:46 AM

Nice review...have my eye on this one.  Love Snooker.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snooker, PS4, Snooker Nation, www.punkandlizard.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users