Death Mark Point Form
I know a few people are playing/skipping this at the moment, if you are interested in the story I have summarised it in point form below. Spoilers obviously.
- Death Mark is the mark you and the fellow Deathies that turn up at the mansion acquire through some encounter with a tormented spirit. Unfortunately you can't remember which one as the longer you have it the stronger the dreaded Japanese amnesia trope asserts itself. They had to find a way to get to 5 chapters right
- Mary the creepy possessed doll is both creepy and possessed. Interestingly she can't walk (chapter 3 prequel) but secretly she can, she is just a lazy indulgent possessed doll.
- Chapter 1 is all about a transboy who is molestered by his school principal. All he wanted was to be a girl now he seeks his revenge through reinvention of the sadistic sexual deviancy of his trusted prinicipal. Yep this VN is actually pretty dark
- Chapter 2, welcome to suicide forrest, apparently it is not just a German thing. Now if you were going to create a cult going with the moniker " The Honey Bee Cult " would have to be right up there. Skip forward to an overly charismatic, manipulative, persuasive fuck society leader who preaches the path to enlightenment at the feet of human body beehives and you are knocking on the door of Jonestown. Like all master manipulators he eventually drinks his own Kool-Aid adopting the ultimate messiah transformation into Bee Hive Man. Perverted, twisted brilliant. You will never look at a bee the same way again.
- Chapter 3, so what if you were a pretty young something that decided to hitchhike late at night near the suicide forest. Well of course you would be gang raped by a group of angry young men. Now throw in a twist, you are Japanese and while you can deal with the raping the thought of the shame it will bring your family through some trashy blackmail pics is to much. Up goes the rope, snap goes the neck. Time to visit a phone booth and torture other innocents with sickly seductive slippery slivary sounds.
- Chapter 4 Black rabbit vs Possessed Doll murder suicide or double homicide. But not to sidetrack enter stage left Madame Zoo, think Lady GaGa meatdress meets Edward Sissorhands meets animal carcass. Perform a series of tests each more confoundingly difficult than the last ( if you were in the 4th grade ). But becareful how you answer Madame Zoo is ready to start stitching up her next human animal masterpiece and you delectable intellect might just prove the canvas she has been searching for.
- Chapter 5, that mark must be really hurting by now. Red herrings be gone its time to wrap this journey of morbidity up. No better way than creating the Uber Soldier. Those Germans were on to something clearly. Lets whack a female head onto a male body. Problems solved. Two drastically opposed species what could possible go wrong. Oh well worth a shot grab that handy chisel and take a stab.
- Your free at last, well are you really, hang on let's have a DLC chapter 6.
- Perhaps the most interesting chapter of all Little Red Riding Hood, is she a prostitue, a seductress, and victim of child incest. Well no actually she is the victim of the Japanese justice system and its use of spider advocacy. Lets see what happens if you swallow this spider, if you live your innocent, if you die guess not. Either way you swallow it bad deal for you, bad deal for the spider. Interestingly the EU/NA version was censored here because well after so many twisted revealing images the thought of showing a force feeding spider machine to a cleavage bearing teen was to much for us to swallow. If you are playing the JP version maybe slow down the skipping and see this image in its full glory. Truly something to behold.
Here ends Spoilers
It is actually quite a good VN if you enjoy horror. Very dark, some fantastically grotesque images mixed in with the compulsory breasts and butts of the young toned Japanese vixens. Surprisingly beneath the surface it actual tells a sad story pulling no punches as it comments on society in Japan and the side of life we all prefer to let slide past.