cjshaitan

• Premium Trader
  • 333 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • PSN ID:cjshaitan

User's Awards

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:09 AM

Gamers Game Club

(think book club but for games) (notice the missing fancy banner)(hint hint magic banner person)

So I have a sneaking suspicion that while it outwardly looks like everyone here is Trophies Trophies OMG Trophies there are a small but strong contingent of us just playing whatever, whenever however. (One life - Play it as you want - Never complete it ) (sorry completionists)

It might be apparent to some I like a bit of self deprecative humour. But I also like to write some. Writing is fun, sharing ideas is fun. Sharing your passion is life. So why not float an idea for those of us that like a laugh, a little friendship and a chance to share your own passion with us (or just me if no one else wants to). Perhaps you might find a little something, offer a little something or just laugh it all counts. Have fun. Step above the BS and share your finds and failures because in the end I am only interested in experiences, aren't you ?

Eligibilty 

Anyone wanting to share something they found, something they loved, something they hated or just something.

Commitment

Provide a review, insight whatever into a game you are playing. Love it / hate it / indifferent whatever. One game each month (more if you want). Why should we play it, why shouldn't we. Why not ?

Signups 

1.  Cj 
  2. Tuffles

Tuffles

RDR 2 (PS4)

Edited by cjshaitan, 09 December 2018 - 03:17 AM.

#2 tuffmuff

tuffmuff

KarenMcmuffin, Snufflebutt

• Moderators
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationWaco, Texas
  • PSN ID:tuffmuff
  • Feedback Score:84

User's Awards

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:19 AM

I like book clubs.  I like games.  I like your idea. lol

Sign me up.  As I'm almost exclusively playing RDR2 right now I might do a little write up on it.  I've saved some video clips of some random funny shit so I might throw a video or two in on my review/write-up.  I like writing silly stuff about games. 

#3 cjshaitan

cjshaitan

• Premium Trader
  • 333 posts
  • LocationAustralia

User's Awards

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:09 PM

I like book clubs.  I like games.  I like your idea. lol

I like. Look forward to reading your thoughts.  :)

#4 cjshaitan

cjshaitan

• Premium Trader
  • 333 posts
  • LocationAustralia

User's Awards

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:32 PM

Currently up to Chapter 3 in Death Mark. It is actually pretty good, think Saw level murders some cool music scoring and mandatory Japanese sexually morbid imagery. Will write up thoughts when I finish

#5 cjshaitan

cjshaitan

• Premium Trader
  • 333 posts
  • LocationAustralia

User's Awards

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:51 PM

Death Mark Point Form

I know a few people are playing/skipping  this at the moment, if you are interested in the story I have summarised it in point form below. Spoilers obviously.

- Death Mark is the mark you and the fellow Deathies that turn up at the mansion acquire through some encounter with a tormented spirit. Unfortunately you can't remember which one as the longer you have it the stronger the dreaded Japanese amnesia trope asserts itself. They had to find a way to get to 5 chapters right

- Mary the creepy possessed doll is both creepy and possessed. Interestingly she can't walk (chapter 3 prequel) but secretly she can, she is just a lazy indulgent possessed doll.

- Chapter 1 is all about a transboy who is molestered by his school principal. All he wanted was to be a girl now he seeks his revenge through reinvention of the sadistic sexual deviancy of his trusted prinicipal. Yep this VN is actually pretty dark

- Chapter 2, welcome to suicide forrest, apparently it is not just a German thing. Now if you were going to create a cult going with the moniker " The Honey Bee Cult " would have to be right up there. Skip forward to an overly charismatic, manipulative, persuasive fuck society leader who preaches the path to enlightenment at the feet of human body beehives and you are knocking on the door of Jonestown. Like all master manipulators he eventually drinks his own Kool-Aid adopting the ultimate messiah transformation into Bee Hive Man. Perverted, twisted brilliant. You will never look at a bee the same way again.

- Chapter 3, so what if you were a pretty young something that decided to hitchhike late at night near the suicide forest. Well of course you would be gang raped by a group of angry young men. Now throw in a twist, you are Japanese and while you can deal with the raping the thought of the shame it will bring your family through some trashy blackmail pics is to much. Up goes the rope, snap goes the neck. Time to visit a phone booth and torture other innocents with sickly seductive slippery slivary sounds.

- Chapter 4 Black rabbit vs Possessed Doll murder suicide or double homicide. But not to sidetrack enter stage left Madame Zoo, think Lady GaGa meatdress meets Edward Sissorhands meets animal carcass. Perform a series of tests each more confoundingly difficult than the last ( if you were in the 4th grade ). But becareful how you answer Madame Zoo is ready to start stitching up her next human animal masterpiece and you delectable intellect might just prove the canvas she has been searching for.

- Chapter 5, that mark must be really hurting by now. Red herrings be gone its time to wrap this journey of morbidity up. No better way than creating the Uber Soldier. Those Germans were on to something clearly. Lets whack a female head onto a male body. Problems solved. Two drastically opposed species what could possible go wrong. Oh well worth a shot grab that handy chisel and take a stab.

- Your free at last, well are you really, hang on let's have a DLC chapter 6. 

- Perhaps the most interesting chapter of all Little Red Riding Hood, is she a prostitue, a seductress, and victim of child incest. Well no actually she is the victim of the Japanese justice system and its use of spider advocacy. Lets see what happens if you swallow this spider, if you live your innocent, if you die guess not. Either way you swallow it bad deal for you, bad deal for the spider. Interestingly the EU/NA version was censored here because well after so many twisted revealing images the thought of showing a force feeding spider machine to a cleavage bearing teen was to much for us to swallow. If you are playing the JP version maybe slow down the skipping and see this image in its full glory. Truly something to behold.

Here ends Spoilers

It is actually quite a good VN if you enjoy horror. Very dark, some fantastically grotesque images mixed in with the compulsory breasts and butts of the young toned Japanese vixens. Surprisingly beneath the surface it actual tells a sad story pulling no punches as it comments on society in Japan and the side of life we all prefer to let slide past. 

#6 cjshaitan

cjshaitan

• Premium Trader
  • 333 posts
  • LocationAustralia

User's Awards

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:14 PM

Assassins Creed Odyssey in 14 hours

Really to early for me to make any informed judgements so I will just go ahead and make biased uninformed ones. It is fantastic. So easy to simply get lost in the immersive world. Like Origins before it this new direction of gameplay modelled on the Witcher 3 is a welcome progression. More RPG open world exploration than ever before and with a degree of writing that is both refreshing and rewarding. 

​Of interest is the clearly open fluidity of the sexuality of the protagonist. Romancing whoever you like is a fun inclusion but where this is really evident is in the side quests. Fluid sexuality is nothing new in most art forms but it is refreshing to see that it just is in Odyssey. No rubber gloves, no quotations it is just life. There are so many moments like this in the side quests where life just is. What is wonderful is you never know when one will arise. After completing a side mission involving a young girl, a jewellery hunt and then meeting her "friends" a moral choice is presented. It was both incredibly touching and confronting in equal parts. It is such an encouraging direction to see games present real stories and empower the player to engage their own moral compass. It rewards you for the investment. It makes you feel. This is but one instance, clearly Odyssey delivers in spades.

As an aside I am playing on the XoneX and it is truly impressive how well the HDR is handled by the system. I am continually surprised every session. 

#7 cjshaitan

cjshaitan

• Premium Trader
  • 333 posts
  • LocationAustralia

User's Awards

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:28 PM

Hand of Fate 2 in 4hrs (Switch)

Perhaps one of the best under the radar games I have played this year. Having played Hand of Fate this is clearly a more refined, fairer and enjoyable proposal. At the heart Hand of Fate is a table top card game where you progress through each board crafted with a series of face down card events on the path to a final boss. Cleverly integrated is a hack n slash combat system that while simplistic in nature provides a fun detour from straight deck based or dice roll combat rife in the genre.

Each campaign consists of several boards providing the option of side objectives to unlock tokens that will lead to new cards becoming available for inclusion in your own crafted deck if acquired for future campaigns. A neat twist creating strategy via deck building. Random chance is present through dice rolls but it is not pervasive.The biggest step forward from the previous iteration is the more liberal use of food card costs allowing you greater movement. Perhaps one of the biggest downsides to the first game.

Ideally a perfect game for on the go I found it to run as smoothly on the Switch (handheld or docked) as the PS4. Like a fine red it is perfect in small quantities but an occasional overindulgence ain't bad either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users