View New Content
Forums
Photo

Ps3/vita psn will eventually shutdown making all ps3/vita games unplatable.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 25,652 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:587

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:08 PM

Either way when it does happen it won't be an overnight shutdown. Sony will announce it with plenty of time in advance to avoid the backlash of angry midlife crisis gamers.
However as many reports have said Sony are looking at backwards comparability for all we know this might even include PS3 games which could mean the trophy servers never get shutdown.

Bottom line for me is, I am not going to worry about it until Sony said you have one year left for PS3 trophy sync.

^^^

Perfectly said :)

qvUGTYs.png

roughdawg4.svg

#22 fluffy-rabbid

fluffy-rabbid

The Dark One

• Administrator
  • 8,952 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • PSN ID:fluffy-rabbid
  • Feedback Score:224

User's Awards

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:12 PM

They will give notice like they have on the vita, they gave what two years with that? And thats just they will stop production not end trophies. So I agree its not doomsday lol 

fggIp3V.png

#23 geralds

geralds

• Premium Trader
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • PSN ID:monkeytoung
  • Feedback Score:2

User's Awards

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:42 PM

Not doomsday but something yo consider especially sense more and more games are shutting down on ps3.

#24 fluffy-rabbid

fluffy-rabbid

The Dark One

• Administrator
  • 8,952 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • PSN ID:fluffy-rabbid
  • Feedback Score:224

User's Awards

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:14 AM

Yeah it might happen, I am not going to worry too much until Sony says its happening. Severs shut down its expensive running them if people arent playing them I think it will be about demand on some stuff.

fggIp3V.png

#25 FeminineLemon

FeminineLemon

• Standard Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:PV2Williams

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:02 PM

I don't think we have anything to worry about. Looking at sites like psnprofiles, plenty of people are still playing PS3 and Vita titles. Not to mention that physical games were still being released for PS3 until last year and physical Vita games are still being released through Limited Run games and still sell well.

It wouldn't make sense to just cut everything off like that. Store support and online multiplayer maybe.

I'm currently playing Trails of Cold Steel II and that game was released in the US just over two years ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users