View New Content
Forums
Photo

Ps3/vita psn will eventually shutdown making all ps3/vita games unplatable.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 geralds

geralds

• Premium Trader
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • PSN ID:monkeytoung
  • Feedback Score:2

User's Awards

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:41 PM

Now that ps5 and been basically confirmed Its time to face the facts the ps3 is eventually going to be shutdown. There no point in sony supportting ps3 when no ones playing it no more. More and more and more server shutdowns are coming to the point there are next to no first party titles online on ps3 .Technically even offline games will be unplatable because you wont beable to sync any online account no more. The same deal is probably gonna happen to the vita as well. Ps3 will probable outlive vita. All our downloads will be inaccessible and syncing trophies will be impossible to our online accounts.

What do people think this is a reality we all have to basically accept this is gonna happen. It already happened with psp and its gonna happen with ps3 and vita. Its not a matter of if but when.

#2 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 25,652 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:587

User's Awards

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:12 PM

Everything shuts down eventually. Not sure when the PS3 will go offline but we are probably a while away from that date

qvUGTYs.png

roughdawg4.svg

#3 geralds

geralds

• Premium Trader
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:16 AM

I think it depends on how much longer people will support and play on ps3. The player base is gonna get weeker amd weaker. As more and more ganes shutdown less people are gonna be playing ps3 and vita. I for see vita might be shutdown in the western world sony can still keep online server in japan up. The issue being is hardly anyone uses the vita as it is so after ps5 comes out i dout sony is gonna want to keep psvita up longer. Ps3 ieem i dout it gonna last 5 years into the ps5s life. Something's gotta give they cant support ot forever sony os already killing off basically all support for first party ps3 titled. Everything from warhawk, twosted metal, sound and shapes, modnation is being shut down.

#4 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 6,916 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois, USA
  • PSN ID:Lord_Raiden
  • Feedback Score:409

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:12 AM

As long as the PSN exists, the PS3 will connect to it

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#5 PViddy

PViddy

Video Game Collector

• Elite Premium
  • 4,753 posts
  • LocationElmira Heights, New York, USA
  • PSN ID:PViddy
  • Feedback Score:365

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:04 AM

I completely agree, they can shut down servers all they want in the games themselves, but as for trophy support its most likely all one server. They also cannot strip us of our downloads on vita and PS3 unless they ban our accts. We paid money for them so unless we break their ToS they legally cannot touch our shit.

MY GAME LIST: http://ps3imports.or...s-trading-list/

zSQ5f02.png

SIG BY TENSHI

Spoiler

#6 geralds

geralds

• Premium Trader
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

I completely agree, they can shut down servers all they want in the games themselves, but as for trophy support its most likely all one server. They also cannot strip us of our downloads on vita and PS3 unless they ban our accts. We paid money for them so unless we break their ToS they legally cannot touch our shit.
Yes they can nintendo has done it with wii and wii u. Sony has already done it for psp. Do your ps3 games transfer to a new system no. Buy the time this happens sony gonna realize no one cares so there's no poibt anyway. We have aeen this with games like pt and afro samurai just because you own ot does not meen you keep it.also there is 100% no way to access a psp any more you basically lost all purchases on a psp unless they transferred to vita or ps3.

#7 Cactuarism2

Cactuarism2

Gold Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • PSN ID:Cactuarism
  • Feedback Score:7

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:45 AM

hope this does not happen too soon; my ps3 backlog is high enough to touch the ceiling

Cactuarism.png

#8 Zerathel

Zerathel

Bronze Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 804 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • PSN ID:Zerathel
  • Feedback Score:19

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:49 AM

Agree with it. Propably can be situation that always can connect do psn but this my only personal opinion :)

Zerathel.png
"I don't know who you are...I don't know what you want..But I will look for you...I will find you...And I will kill you"

#9 geralds

geralds

• Premium Trader
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:51 AM

Agree with it. Propably can be situation that always can connect do psn but this my only personal opinion :)

Not true otherwise explain why a psp cant connect any more.

#10 Zerathel

Zerathel

Bronze Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 804 posts
  • LocationPoland

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:00 PM

On PSP weren't trophies. Also please note that Sony maybe shotduwn this for Vita because wanted sell more. It is for me normal marketing (this is what I suppose). Beside will be immediatelly a lot games on PS5? Please how many months passed that people switch on ps4 because weren't enough games for ps4. The same will be situation here. Maybe in 2020 but this personally don't think that will happen but can wrong. 

Zerathel.png
"I don't know who you are...I don't know what you want..But I will look for you...I will find you...And I will kill you"

#11 geralds

geralds

• Premium Trader
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:09 PM

Trophies or not it doesnt make a difference. Server closers have shown that even sony wont support dead ps3 games proving trophies don't matter. 50 years from now whats the point of having a ps3 online regardless of trophies. Its not something thats gonna happen asap when ps5 come out but as less and less people stop playing ps3 there less of a reason to keep it online. Eventually you wont beable to walk into gamestop for ps3 games they will faze them out. People are moving on to ps4/ps5 or just gonna quit gaming. At some point its gonna be a financial burden on sony to keep ps3 running.

#12 Zerathel

Zerathel

Bronze Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 804 posts
  • LocationPoland

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:15 PM

Gerald You have strong arguments with this. Really and also have a lot examples that can prove Your point but think that servers with trophies have seperate server. Don't think that this servers will shutdown because You will also can't upload trophies on ps4, ps5, ps6,  ps7 etc. That's why think that all games on ps3 can shutdown (this is matter of time) but not with trophies. Also tell me why You have games from playstation plus if You will can't download and play this on ps3. This doesn't make sense. 

Zerathel.png

#13 geralds

geralds

• Premium Trader
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

You can download them and play then till they shutdown ps3. After that due to how psn plus works you may or may not loose access. But regardless eventually the hard drive will fail and then due to not being able to connect to psn you wont be able to re-download games. Trophies are always gonna work but if your unable to sign onto a online profile how will you be able to sync trophies. The best example is the psn now service but not every ps3 games gonna be available on it.

#14 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 6,916 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:48 PM

You can download them and play then till they shutdown ps3. After that due to how psn plus works you may or may not loose access. But regardless eventually the hard drive will fail and then due to not being able to connect to psn you wont be able to re-download games. Trophies are always gonna work but if your unable to sign onto a online profile how will you be able to sync trophies. The best example is the psn now service but not every ps3 games gonna be available on it.

No you’re wrong

Everyone knows you’re wrong

The psp sucked so it was shut down. All your psp shit could load on a vita. So no loss

You will be able to connect your PS3 to sync trophies and download stuff

It costs Sony nothing. They have the psn what difference does t make it PS3 s connect

It would be stupid as hell not to connect then to sync and the store, and stupider to think it

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#15 Zerathel

Zerathel

Bronze Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 804 posts
  • LocationPoland

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

Geralds with full respect to You. I can agree that all online in games on ps3 can be closed. But in 2019 will be ps5 propably also new xbox. Now if they closed possibility to download games on ps3 how Sony can convince them to still buying their product and future consoles. This can only turn against them and Microsoft will gather more clients. For me personally I don't think that this happen. Beside why Sony will close possibility to sync trophies to log account and etc. This is another seperate serwer than games and also why they didn't on vita right now. Sony stopped support vita and ps3 but still got this possibility. 

In conclusion we got impas. Propably I will not convince You to my opinion and also You can't convince me to Your opinion. Best solution is just wait and time shows who was right :)

Zera

Zerathel.png

#16 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 25,652 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:21 PM

I think the other thing to consider is the Xbox. I don't think the PS3 would shutdown before the Xbox, I think that would be a bad look

qvUGTYs.png

roughdawg4.svg

#17 geralds

geralds

• Premium Trader
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:45 PM

Microsoft did this with xbox orignal yet people still bougjt 360 granted they did a while after 360 was out. Nintedo did it with wii and wii yoi and even ninte do ds yet you still see people buying tons of nintendo switches. Also Nintendos policy on there digital stuff befors switch was a lot worse everytging being system specific and such. The average consumer only cares about what is new buy the time they do the vast majority wont care about accessing there old games. Digtal content issue happens on phones yet people still by tons of phones. We are a minotry and where are is the minority who still play the older games so this pertains more to use then the millions who dont care about trophies or older games and have moved on. Sony has in a sense did this with psp yet people still bought ps3 and ps4 and to an extent the vita. How many of us trophy hint or get on out ps3s onna regular basis anymore anyway. If they said tomorrow tjere doing it you all wpuld flip. Once ps5 is out and we are troohy hunting on ps5/4 and non of us have touch our ps3s 6month to a year pluss because no games are coming out are we gonna really care or notice.

#18 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 6,916 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:37 PM

Microsoft did this with xbox orignal yet people still bougjt 360 granted they did a while after 360 was out. Nintedo did it with wii and wii yoi and even ninte do ds yet you still see people buying tons of nintendo switches. Also Nintendos policy on there digital stuff befors switch was a lot worse everytging being system specific and such. The average consumer only cares about what is new buy the time they do the vast majority wont care about accessing there old games. Digtal content issue happens on phones yet people still by tons of phones. We are a minotry and where are is the minority who still play the older games so this pertains more to use then the millions who dont care about trophies or older games and have moved on. Sony has in a sense did this with psp yet people still bought ps3 and ps4 and to an extent the vita. How many of us trophy hint or get on out ps3s onna regular basis anymore anyway. If they said tomorrow tjere doing it you all wpuld flip. Once ps5 is out and we are troohy hunting on ps5/4 and non of us have touch our ps3s 6month to a year pluss because no games are coming out are we gonna really care or notice.

Well good, you think that

What ever it doesn’t have any affect on my life

In fact, I thing you should do nothing but start paying every ps3 game you can get your hands on

Start immediately

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#19 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 25,652 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

I do agree we will lose focus of the ps3. I mean I barely play the ps3 as it is, most of the time I play is to do older games on my trophy list.

By the time the PS5 comes out, we will likely not care of the ps3. My point is, I am not sure what time they will actually shut down services.

qvUGTYs.png

roughdawg4.svg

#20 fisty123

fisty123

Bronze Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 844 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • PSN ID:fisty123
  • Feedback Score:12

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:32 PM

Either way when it does happen it won't be an overnight shutdown. Sony will announce it with plenty of time in advance to avoid the backlash of angry midlife crisis gamers.
However as many reports have said Sony are looking at backwards comparability for all we know this might even include PS3 games which could mean the trophy servers never get shutdown.

Bottom line for me is, I am not going to worry about it until Sony said you have one year left for PS3 trophy sync.

fisty123.pngfisty123.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users