- Estimated trophy difficulty: 1/10
- Offline trophies: 37 (22 , 10 , 4 , 1 )
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to plat: 3-5 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs: Multiple, but fast forward is available at all times
- Number of missable trophies: 0
- Glitched trophies: 2, Both are affected by the same glitch but it's not game breaking, see The Medium for more information
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: N/A
- Do trophies stack?: N/A
- Requires VR (they patched in a non-VR version)
Nikola Tesla has invited multiple guests to his secret island when tragedy occurs. You play as an invisible observer who controls time and can go anywhere to relive the events in order to solve the mystery of what happened.
You can be anywhere, listen to anyone and be at any time in the story. I strongly recommend avoiding this guide until you have done the whole story. Nothing is missable and you can easily fast forward and rewind time to clean up anything missed.
I suggest initially following the "main character" Gustaf Gustav for the entire story. Not only is this required for a trophy but it gives a good basic understanding of the story and what is going on. After the first playthrough as Gustaf you can really do anything but I would pick someone you are interested in and follow them. Repeat until you have followed everyone (you can fast forward scenes you've seen already) and that should unlock all of the story based trophies for each chapter. Almost nothing happens in the house when nobody is there so there is little need to be in empty rooms (see The Medium for the one exception).
At this point you should have a good understanding of what really happened and can safely use the guide for anything you are missing.
As you play feel free to pause time and look for collectibles.
*SPOILERS* Most of the trophy names and descriptions will spoil major parts of the game. I've tried to obscure things as much as possible but consider playing this without the guide until you are cleaning up the collectibles and miscellaneous trophies.
The Eye that sees all -
Collect all the trophies
You get this once you have achieved the other trophies.
The House -
Watch all the scenes in chapter 1
See The Liars
The Guests -
Watch all the scenes in chapter 2
See The Liars
The Secrets -
Watch all the scenes in chapter 3
See The Liars
The Liars -
Watch all the scenes in chapter 4
These will come naturally if you follow each character. Depending on the order of who you follow they may unlock out of order.
If you somehow miss a scene here is a list of how many each character has in each chapter. You can see your progress in the theater when you view the timeline with a character selected.
- Gustaf :7
- Flora: 6
- Swan: 3
- Vanderberg: 2
- Edison: 5
- Bernhardt: 4
- Mundy: 4
- Tesla: 0
- Gustaf :6
- Flora: 5
- Swan: 4
- Vanderberg: 6
- Edison: 6
- Bernhardt: 5
- Mundy: 3
- Tesla: 0
- Gustaf :4
- Flora: 4
- Swan: 4
- Vanderberg: 2
- Edison: 4
- Bernhardt: 4
- Mundy: 4
- Tesla: 0
- Gustaf :3
- Flora: 3
- Swan: 3
- Vanderberg: none
- Edison: 3
- Bernhardt: 4
- Mundy: 4
- Tesla: 0
The Host -
Discover who killed Tesla
This will happen in chapter 0 when you follow Flora and view the scene when Tesla gets killed.
The Rich Man -
Watch Vanderberg's murder
This will happen in chapter 3 when you follow Vanderberg or Edison.
The Father -
Watch Mundy's death
This will happen near the end of chapter 4 when you follow Mundy or Bernhardt.
The Detective -
Watch Gustav's fall
This will happen at the end of chapter 4 when you follow Gustav, Swan, or Edison.
The Room Service -
Go to the hotel room
This is basically the "true ending" trophy and it will unlock during the conversation in the hotel room. See The Medium for how to access the hotel room.
The Priest -
Find Lafcadio Boone's mask
The mask is an homage to The Sexy Brutale which has similar gameplay. You will find it in Swan's room on the back wall to the right. Examine it to get the trophy.
The Medium -
Use the Spirit Radio
This trophy will unlock any time you "use" the Spirit Radio. There are three times when you can do this. You will want to do these in this order:
The Spirit Radio will activate (start flashing) when someone dies. After the seance in chapter 3 Flora will scream when finding Vanderberg. Stay in the sitting room with the Spirit Radio. Examine it when it starts flashing. Soon you will hear Tesla's voice telling you to listen again when God strikes a man down (Mundy). In chapter 4 stay in the same room and examine the Spirit Radio again when it flashes at Mundy's death. This time Tesla will say to listen again at his death. Go to chapter 0. The Spirit Radio is on the table in the sitting area next to Vanderberg's room. Examine it when Tesla is killed. This time he will tell you to meet him in the room in the theater. This will end chapter 0. Turn around and head out the door (not the exit). To your right was a roped off room which should now be accessible. Enter this room to see the true ending and unlock The Room Service. The last newspaper article is also in this room.
*GLITCH WARNING* I did this without a guide and listened to the chapter 0 message first. It started to play the first message and got cut off. This caused the other messages to not play. I quit out of the game and returned and was able to get the first two messages to play but couldn't get the third to play which meant the door would not open. I kept retrying over and over again and after the 4th or 5th attempt it finally worked for me. Fast Forward may also affect this trophy but you should be safe if you return to normal time immediately when the Spirit Radio starts flashing.
The Cartographer -
Explore the entire Island
This should come naturally as you follow every character. Certain rooms are not accessible until you follow a character into them so you can't get this immediately. If you somehow don't have it after you've seen all the scenes then pause time and go into every room and every part of the island.
The Shadow -
Watch Gustav for the entire game
You don't have to be following him the entire game but do need to be nearby.
The Meddler -
Find the secret workshop in the basement
This will come naturally as you follow any character as all of them enter the basement area at some point.
The Collector -
Collect all the clues
There are 19 clues that show up multiple times throughout the game. They are objects you can examine at any time. You will see a magnifying glass icon when you first examine each clue. I will try and list the earliest you can see them, but there are other times and places for almost every clue. You can track your progress in the theater on the desk to your right.
1) Lever handle - This is on the floor near Tesla's body for the majority of the game.
2) Spirit radio - This starts on some drawers on the right side of Vanderbergs room. Vanderberg and Mundy both carry it around during the game and later on it's found sitting on the table in the sitting room to the left of the main entrance, across from the library.
3) Phone - This in on the left side of the dining room for the entire game.
4) Gustav's pistol - Gustav pulls this out multiple times throughout the story.
5) Tesla's pistol - This is lying near Tesla's body and Gustav gives it to Flora.
6) Whiskey bottle - This is the bottle Vanderberg is drinking from in his room at the beginning of the game.
7) Umbrella - This is Gustav's umbrella. He has it at the docks and it ends up on the roof at the end of the game.
8) Book of the Occult - This is in the library on the shelf across from the stairs initially but is easier to find once Edison reads it early on and later sets it on the desk to the right of the chess robot.
9) Passport - This shows up in chapter 4 when Mundy reads it and is on the floor outside of Bernhardt's room when he discards it.
10) Victor's will - Gustav will take this from Mundy early on in the dining room. For the rest of the game it will sit on the dining room table.
11) Tesla's will - You will only be able to find this in the short time between Swan getting it out of the hidden safe and Swan throwing it in the fireplace. This event takes place in Tesla's office at the beginning of chapter 2.
12) Burnt paper - This is the burnt paper Gustav pulls from the fireplace in Tesla's office near the end of chapter 2.
13) Letter opener - This is initially on the desk to the left of the chess robot. It will then stay in Vanderberg's possession for the rest of the game.
14) Steak knife - This is seen when Swan opens the fridge near the end of chapter 2 and later ends up in Bernhardt's possession.
15) Mundy's knife - Mundy has this knife in his boot throughout the game but for some reason it randomly disappears in some scenes. He also looks at it and pulls it on other characters.
16) Flora's locket - This is the locket Flora is wearing most of the game. In the beginning she trips and Gustav hands it back to her.
17) Edison's watch - Edison has this watch throughout the game. In chapter 1 he's asked for the time and this is the easiest time to examine it.
18) Vanderburg's watch - At beginning of chapter 3 Vanderberg shows this watch to Edison. Later in this chapter Edison uses this watch to give the time.
19) Poison bottle - This is the bottle Vanderberg is going to use to commit suicide. Later it is on the floor near the Tesla coil in the secret lab.
The Time Traveller -
Travel back in time with Flora
This will come naturally as you follow Flora. At the end of the game she will travel back in time and you will enter chapter 0.
The Spy -
Watch Bernhardt putting on makeup
This happens early in chapter 1 when you follow Bernhardt.
The Lovers -
Watch Bernhardt and Mundy recite Shakespeare
This will happen early in chapter 2 when you follow either Bernhardt or Mundy or if you are in the hallway when it occurs.
The Genius -
Watch Edison play chess
This will happen in chapter 1 when you follow Edison. He sucks at chess.
The Scientist -
Find the first Tesla Diary
See the Altruist
The Altruist -
Find all of Tesla's diaries
You can find these in any order. It will show a diary icon the first time you examine one. The entry will always be the next one chronologically. You can keep track of these in the theater. His diary entries will be in a book to your left.
1) Outside the house, behind the tower, on the back left of the generator
2) Library, on the table across from stairwell
3) Pantry, all the way back right on the barrel
4) Past the piano room to the bedroom with two beds, leaning up against a chest on the left side of the room
5) Sitting area next to Vandenberg's room, on a chair
6) Bedroom at the end of the hall above the library stairs, in the closet on the left, diary is on the dresser next to the white chest
7) Tesla's office, to the left of the door to the workshop, sitting on a canister
8) Workshop area next to Tesla's office, back of the room, on a desk to the left
9) In the telescope room, on the floor to the right of the telescope
10) In the attic, under the stairs to the roof, on a crate
11) Entering the secret workshop from the library, to the right of the Tesla coil, on a green crate next to the control panel
12) Before entering the time machine room, to the left of the entrance on a box
13) Enter the secret room near the boarded up door, on your left on a shelf
The Reporter -
Find all the newspapers clips
There are 10 of these. It will show a newspaper icon the first time you examine each of these. You can keep track of your progress in the theater. A book containing all photos, letters, and newspaper articles will be to your left.
1) Vanderberg Boy Drowns - In the dining room on the small table between the main door and the fireplace
2) Disgraced Swedish Detective Quits - Bernhardt's Room, to the left as you enter, on a trunk
3) Sarah Bernhardt Knocks Them Dead - In the pantry as you enter the door, on a large green crate
4) Obituaries - Behind the back left pillar in the time machine room
5) Where Does He Get His Ideas? - In Edison's Room, to the left as you enter, on the small table
6) Where is Tesla? - In Tesla's Office on a box to the right of his desk if you are looking as if seated
7) Mundy Trial Erupts in Violence - In the bedroom down the hall from the library stairs, in the bathroom on the radiator to the left as you enter
8) Free Energy Ten Years On - In The Hotel Room on the desk to the right (see The Room Service)
9) The Man In Room 3327 - Inside the piano
10) Tesla Dead - In the bedroom down the hall from the library stairs, to the left of the bed on the floor
The Photographer -
Find old photos of all the characters
There are 10 of these. It will show a photo icon the first time you view each of these. You can keep track of your progress in the theater. A book containing all photos, letters, and newspaper articles will be to your left.
1) Flora wedding photo - In the typewriter room, on the drawers to the left
2) Edison with phonograph - In the telescope room, on the left set of drawers
3) Mundy mugshot - On the desk to the left side of the attic
4) Gustav policeman - Tesla's office, on the desk to the left
5) Swan with kid - Swan's room, on the nightstand next to his bed
6) Autographed Bernhardt - Edison's room, on the desk next to the divider
7) Vanderberg family photo - Vanderberg's room, on the nightstand to the right of his bed
8) Tesla with light bulb - In the room with two beds, on the nightstand to the right of the second bed
9) Einstein and Tesla - In Tesla's workshop, on the first desk to the left next to the radio
10) Tesla and Einstein - Enter the secret workshop from the library, turn right, it's on the first desk
The Mailman -
Find all the letters from the guests
There are 9 of these. It will show a letter icon when you view each of these for the first time. You can keep track of your progress in the theater. A book containing all photos, letters, and newspaper articles will be to your left.
1) Mundy - In the guest room with two beds, on a chair in the back right of the bathroom
2) Flora - In the telescope room, on a bench near the windows
3) Bernhardt - Library, on the left of the chess player table
4) Gustav - Enter the secret workshop from the library, turn right, it's on the second desk
5) J.P. Morgan to Edison - Left of the desk Edison is sitting at
6) Vanderberg - In the study across from the piano room, to the back left on top of drawers
7) Tesla to Musk - On the first landing going to the time machine room, on the ledge to your right
8) Contract of Servitude - In the pantry all the way back, on the left
9) Nikola to Edison - On the nightstand to the left of Edison's bed
The Hatter -
Find the hats
From the dock stairs go straight with the cliff wall to your left side. Keep going until you reach an area with boulders. This hill overlooks the power station area. The trophy should unlock when you enter this area. They are hard to see but there are piles of hats everywhere on the floor here.
The Astronomer -
Look through the telescope
I wasn't actually able to look through the telescope but the trophy popped as I moved my head into the telescope.
The Sailor -
Listen to the lullaby
There may be other ways to trigger this but I did it by going to the beginning of chapter 0. Pause time and go to the piano room. Examine the music book. Now go all the way outside to the docks. Go all the way to the bottom and unpause time. Wait a few seconds and some music should play and the trophy should unlock.
The Chemist -
Find the chemistry notes
In the study across from the piano room, on the machine to the right of the door
The Best Friend -
Find Edison's food bowl
This is not referring to Thomas Edison but is a dog Tesla had at some point. If you go around to the right side of the house the will be a doghouse. Examine the food bowl to get this trophy.
The Butler -
Try to bang the gong
In the main entry there is a gong and a mallet. At any time examine the mallet.
The Mad Writer -
Find the library receipt
In the typewriter room at the top and to the left of the main stairs on the desk
The Ghost -
Be walked through by a character
This will most likely come without you even trying for it. Simply stand in the path of any character as they walk through you.
The Fox -
Find the fox
Go up into the attic room before the stairs leading to the roof. In the back right is a ladder up to a loft area. Climb the ladder and look to your left. The fox is there. Examine it for this trophy.
The Follower -
Activate Following mode
You will get this as soon as you follow any character. To follow just place the movement cursor on a character.
The Park Ranger -
Find Deadlight logo
Go up into the attic room before the stairs leading to the roof. In the back left opposite the ladder you will see a small canvas leaning against some shelves. Examine it for this trophy.
The Missing Husband -
Find the Ulysses poem
In the library on the base of the globe