• LocationPoland
  • PSN ID:Skroq
  • Feedback Score:253

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

sQNxNqT.png

Overview

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 7.5/10
  • Offline: 28 (1 :plat 3 :gold 9 :silver 34 :bronze )
  • Online: 3
  • Approximate time: +30 Hours
  • Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
  • Does Difficulty affect Trophies: N/A
  • Does Difficulty levels stack: N/A
  • Missable trophies: 2
  • Extra Items for the Game: VR, camera, aim point controller highly recommended - but you can use DS4
  • Glitched trophies: None
  • Cheats: None

Introduction:

Farpoint is one of the first shooters for VR, which is not made into a shooting gallery, but rather a story enriched alien shooter. The studio: Impuls Gear did a great job with the game and they keep supporting the game by adding free of charge DLCs. They also did a wonderful job in designing the aim point controller for this game. You can buy the game bundled with this gun or you can buy it from PSN store. I highly recommend using the aim point controller to make your life way easier and the game much more fun.

Before you begin:

Make sure to configure the gun upon launching the game, select the tracking, etc. This is very important as you need to be precise with your shooting. Next go to settings and adjust the steps of turning (how fast you turn left/right). You can test the settings on the first mission and if you don't like something, go ahead and change it.

skroq.pngSbfB6I1.png

#2 skroq

skroq

Gold Poster

• Elite Premium
  • 4408 posts
  • LocationPoland

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

Road Map:

1) Start off with playing through the story, it's really short maybe 4 hours. There are 8 missions. Nothing too hard, maybe on just few occasions. Scan all holograms you see, at first they will be visible as a blue ghost of the person you need to scan. Later you will have to find them on your own. There aren't many and I will link the video for them. You can also try going for some weapon specific trophies but, after you finish the game you can select any level you want and moreover setup your starting guns to whatever you want.

2) Mop up trophies you missed via chapter select. As mentioned above, after you beat the story you can replay any level you wish. I will list those trophies in trophy guide below.

3) Co-op. You need a partner for this as there are three online trophies. One is for reviving your friend, second for just playing with your friend and third for achieving 70% accuracy. 

4) DLC#1 Co-op. This step is not needed for the platinum, but is highly recommended to prepare you for step 5 (challenges). Basically you need to get three medals in all 4 DLC maps, which is not that hard. It took me and my boosting buddy (Dim10) few tries for each map. Basically we needed to figure out best places to hide from the giant robots, alien shooters, drones and bubble shooting spiders. It was both challenging and fun. Again, DLCs are free of charge and are installed automatically on your console.

5) Challenges! So there is a huge disproportion between the difficulty

of the story and the challenges, mainly the three medal requirements. Getting one medal is reather easy, but three medals... Let's just say - you will need to spend some time and learn both the mechanics how the scoring system works and the maps by heart. You need to know where the spiders pop up, what spiders pop up, which not to kill too fast, etc.

skroq.pngSbfB6I1.png

#3 skroq

skroq

Gold Poster

• Elite Premium
  • 4408 posts
  • LocationPoland

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:42 AM

Trophy Guide:

Story related:

2S5f33d2.png - Fresh Meat (Finish the 'Arrival' mission.)

Select the story in main menu and beat the first mission.

3Sf1f58e.pngInto the Darkness (Finish the 'Descent' mission.)

Beat the 2nd mission

4Se085ab.pngAbove the Clouds (Finish the 'Summit' mission.)

Beat the 3rd mission.

5Sfabcd8.pngTaking Out the Trash (Finish the 'Remains' mission.)

Beat the 4th mission.

6S42f952.pngWhere'd They All Go? (Finish the 'Homecoming' mission.)

Beat the 5th mission

7Sf6a8db.png That Woman Intimidates Me (Finish the 'Vestige' mission.)

Beat the 6th mission.

8Sf8a6a1.pngThat Place Creeps Me Out (Finish the 'Garrison' mission.)

Beat the 7th mission.

9S622107.pngCan I Get a Ride on That Thing? (Finish the 'Flight' mission.)

Beat the 8th mission.

Collectibles:

19S13fbf8.png - Scanny McScanface (Discover and scan 50% of the holograms)

Scan 50% of holograms in the game. See the below trophy description for more details.

20S7380b6.pngScan Master - (Discover and scan all of the holograms.)

The holograms will appear in missions 1-5. At first, those will be visible as blue ghosts to which you can come and scan, but later they will appear only when you are next to them. You scan by coming to close proximity to the hologram and while holding the L1 button you run it from top to bottom. You will notice that a scene will play out if you successfully scanned a hologram. Wait until the hologram disapears just to be safe. Although I am sure I did all the scans in my first playthrough, the trophy didn't pop so I ended up replying the first 5 levels from 5th to 1st. The trophy popped for me at the last hologram in chapter 1.

Here is a video by polish trophy hunter (credit to Lowyczyni Trofeow)

Misc Trophies:

Some trophies may pop during challenges/coop.

10S6e729a.pngIt's All in the Reflexes (Shoot 100 jumping spiders out of the air.)

Jumpers are the first enemies introduced in the game. Those are the little spiders that come out of the ground and jump on you. For this trophy to pop you need to wait for the spider to jump and when it's close to you - use for example shotgun to kill it. The kill count may be a bit iffy, so keep farming this in story level 2. The giant spider's stomp summons 3-4 spiders.

11Sa4d934.pngTarget Practice (Shoot 50 Goober Balls out of the Air.)

This will most likely pop during the story, coop or challenges. Basically you can farm it on the first spider that shoots out the acid balls at you. I believe one spider can produce infinite number of goober balls, but there is no point in grinding this. I recommend shotgun or assault riffle.

12Sa5f782.pngNot an Environmentalist (Destroy 50 'Space Onions'.)

Space onions are the "plants" that grow on the rocks in story mission 1. Replay mission 1 until you get it.

13S775117.pngYou Want a Piece of Me? (Kill 50 enemies with the Assault Rifle.)

Get 50 kills with the assault riffle. You will get it automatically playing story. It's worth mentioning that you can pick up rocket ammo to your granade launcher. Using secondary fire you will be able to shoot a guided missiles. Very useful against small mobs or giant enemies. You will need to beat the boss using those rockets.

14S2b456a.pngUp Close and Personal (Kill 50 enemies with the Shotgun.)

Get 50 kills using shot gun. This is one of the best weapons in the game, it's a must for all challenges. Having said that, it will pop sooner or later.

15S6b09b5.pngSniper Reporting for Duty (Kill 50 enemies with the Precision Rifle.)

Get 50 kills with sniper riffle. You will be introduced to sniper riffle mid game. It's very usefull weapon in the lat few missions to kill off distant enemies.

16S724da5.pngFeels All Tingly (Kill 50 enemies with the Plasma Rifle.)

Get 50 kills with plasma. To be honest this is very powerful weapon, but the reload and small clip make it useless in my opinion. The only good thing about this is that you can use the secondary fire to summon shield.

17S35e119.pngAcupuncture (Kill 50 enemies with the Spike Gun.)

Get 50 kills with spike gun. Very powerful gun, I think most damaging in the game, but at the same time a bit useless.. So you can shoot up to 6 spikes and detonate them using secondary fire button to deal a lot of damage. However, strangely enough - this doesn't deal a lot of damage to the giant spiders or robots. Since the spikes trajectory reminds an arrow, it's very hard to hit flying/small enemies. Very good weapon for the accuracy trophy.

18Sbac4ed.pngLobotomizer (Kill 25 Grunts with Head Shots. )

Use assault riffle or shotgun on the alien enemies appearing after mission 4. It will pop even without you trying.

21S4f4210.pngRocket Ranger (Land 3 rockets on 1 enemy within 1 second.)

Very easy trophy. Simply collect three rockets from the ammo crate and spam all you got on a giant spider. I recommend shooting all three rockets from the assault riffle while moving towards the enemy and aiming your laser forward. I did it in mission 2 or 3.

If you are struggling follow this guy's guide on yt: [Credit Timeless soulja]

22S210f9b.pngSkewered (Kill 3 targets with one Precision Rifle shot.)

This will most likely not pop without you going for this trophy, as it's a bit tricky. Good spot to do this is in Vestige. See youtube guide from Timeless Soulja

Although his method didn't work for me so I modified this by falling of the cliff and firing a shot while going down. I got it after few tries. I recommend using the standard sniper riffle.

23Sada81f.pngThread the Needle (Kill 4 targets with one Spike Gun blast. )

It didn't pop for me during the story as I rarely used the spike gun. For this you need to shoot a bolts (prefferably full clip of 6 bolts) and once you have 4 enemies near those, use the secondary button to detonate everything hoping you get x4 kill. I did it in storry mission 2, when you get to the cave take the right path and soon +5 small spiders will appear, spam your bolts and detonate.

Check my Descent video challenge 1:20s.

24Scd3ffe.pngFeel the Powah (Kill 10 enemies with a bounced shot from the Plasma Rifle.)

Use the plasma riffle and keep shooting the ground in front of enemies. Plasma bullets bounce off the walls, ground, metal objects, etc. Very easy on the alien shooter after mission 4 or small spiders if you shoot in front of them waiting for them to jump.

25S3107eb.pngRight Time, Right Place (Kill 3 different enemy types with one rocket.)

This is the hardest misc trophy to pull off. Using the guided rockets as secondary fire for the assault riffle you need to guide your rocket to kill three different enemy types. You can do this for example at the end of mission 2. I did it in mission 3, which was a bit harder now that I saw this clip below.

skroq.pngSbfB6I1.png

#4 skroq

skroq

Gold Poster

• Elite Premium
  • 4408 posts
  • LocationPoland

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:42 AM

Cooperative mode:

There are three trophies tied to coop. Two you can do easily with a random person, but accuracy it's much recommended to have a dedicated friend.

29S7ad1ab.pngBetter With Friends (Complete a Cooperative level)

Like the trophy description says, finish a coop level with another player.

30Sd5fe3f.pngYou Owe Me One (Revive another player in Cooperative play.)

If your coop buddy dies you will see his hologram over the body. All you need to do is scan the hologram to fill the hard full. Keep scanning the same way you did in the story mode. Once the person is revived the trophy will pop.

28Sb23e63.pngThat's Some Good Shootin' (Kill 100 enemies in Cooperative mode with 70% accuracy.)

This is tricky because of many reasons. The accuracy is calculated very strangely. For example, during Dim's run he got 90% of shots on target with his sniper riffle and he got like 20% accuracy. Than during my run I hit everything (close to 100%) with my shotgun and got 10% accuracy. So how this works for shotgun for example is that it counts all bullets from a single shot. So getting anything above 30% with shotgun is impossible. Sniper sometimes glitches, so it's very risky.

What we did is we used assault riffle/ spike gun on Fissure map on easy difficulty (DLC map). You need two runs for that, each for the person who will get his trophy. The person who will not get the trophy will assist by shooting the bubbles from the spiders (those don't count for accuracy) and helping out damage bigger foes. Maybe also shoot the drones. The person who will get the trophy should kill most of the enemies (total is 130-140 depending how many little spiders you will spawn in Fissure beginnign section).

So like mentioned, do not kill the big spiders at the beginning, let them spawn 4-5 waves of little spiders and the person going for the trophy should use spike gun with detonator to kill 1-3 of those each shot.

For the next sections, take your time and try to be precise. On the quick enemies like alien shooters use spike gun, shooting bolt on the ground and detonate so it damages / kills it. On bigger spiders and robots use assault riffle.

Challenges:

Challenges will be the platinum stoper for most, as getting 3 medals is hard. Unfortunately the game doesn't tell you how much points you need for each of the medals, so I will list my scores and some notes.

In order to get the three medals you need to have in mind the following:

- avoid getting hit

- keep your multiplier high by keeping the kill chain

- be fast so you don't run out of time (time bonus)

- be accurate (bonus)

How the scoring system works: Basically you need to kill everything in quick succession without too long breaks not to lose your multiplier. You can get x1, x2, x3, x4 and x5 multiplier. If you get hit and it's easy to get hit by spiders, bullets, acid balls, etc you will lose your multiplier. The more damage you suffer the most multiplier will go to waste. Head shot from enemy sniper will bring you from x5 to x1.

Neat little trick is to shoot the goober balls and move towards the next section not killing the spider who throws them. Shooting those balls doesn't make multiplier increase, but it also doesn't make it fall. So it's a bit like a safe point between the sections. The same goes for rockets from giant robots or drones.

Another good tip is to kill the little spiders which are summoned by giant stomper spider.

You will need to run each map few times to get an idea where to enemies spawn

In all of the challenges you need to get 3 medals, some are longer (like mission 1 and mission 8) and some shorter, which doesn't necessarily mean those are easier. I think the worst mission was Garrison (7th challenge). 

I recommend checking my youtube videos before your runs, so you get an idea how to get 3 medals.

31S36376b.pngGet Me Off of this Rock (Finish Arrival Challenge with at least one medal.)

40S6d4a19.pngArrived and Left (Finish Arrival Challenge with three medals.)

Strategy for this level is try to get to the last section with few minutes to spare and with x3/x4 multiplier. Once there: leave one big spider and one bubble guy to farm little spiders off the big spider while shooting the acid balls to keep your combo up between the little spider waves. Rinse and repeat until the time runs out. Do not bother going through the finish line. Let the time run out, but remember to kill both of spiders before this happens.

Recommended weapons: Assault Riffle and Shotgun

Points that will net you 3 medals: +130K

Video:

32Sc079d4.pngAfraid of the Dark (Finish Descent Challenge with at least one medal.)

41S7f5bd5.pngDescended (Finish Descent Challenge with three medals.)

Strategy: This is more of a fast paced challenge with a big fight at the end. Do not go through the finish line, keep killing. I would recommend leaving 1-2 bubble guys and one two big spiders. It's advisable to reach the final fight scene with x3-x4 combo and stay above this. I reached x5 many times in the final fight section when the little spiders started swarming in. What I did is I carpet bombed the floor and got a lot of multikills on little spiders.

Points that will net you 3 medals: +90K

Video:

33S8a2fb4.pngAvid Hiker (Finish Summit Challenge with at least one medal.)

42S3242e8.pngRocky Top (Finish Summit Challenge with three medals.)

Strategy: I didn't like this level at all, as it's very easy to lose your combo, especially from spitters who are behind rock, so you didn't even notice their acid. Beginning is also a bit hard, I recommend killing the big spiders with x3 multiplier there. Also the final location you need to watch out for the bubble guys up top who will ruin your combo. Big spiders get aggressive and may charge on you, so keep your distance. Again farm your points from two big spiders at the end and don't go through the finish line.

Points that will net you 3 medals: +90K

Video:

34Se756b1.pngLet's Get Out of Here (Finish Remains Challenge with at least one medal. )

43S07314c.pngWe Got Out of There (Finish Remains Challenge with three medals.)

Strategy: New enemies are added compared to the first three challenges. You will need to be precise with your sniper riffle and avoid rocket shooting drones as they can kill you in a matter of seconds. Note that you can shoot down their rockets (most of the time) that are coming towards you with shotgun. No good advise here apart that make drones your primary targe and whenever you hear their sound, find them and shoot down quickly. If they are not too far, shotgun works excellent.

Recommended weapons: 5 shot sniper riffle and Shotgun

Points that will net you 3 medals: +105K

Video:

35S71c042.pngNo Time to Take In the Sights (Finish Homecoming Challenge with at least one medal.)

44Sc4fea2.pngSojourner (Finish Homecoming Challenge with three medals.)

Strategy:  really liked this challenge and it's fast paced and short. No farming here. So just run through this shooting everything in your way with a nice x3/x4 multiplier. Alien shooters appear. They do not kill your combo as fast as drones or spiders. Apart from snipers who will headshot you and bring you to x1. If you beat this fast, you can count on a nice time bonus at the end ( got almost 7K points)

Points that will net you 3 medals: +70K

Video:

36Sbe1961.pngRunning Man (Finish Vestige Challenge with at least one medal.)

45Sfd4323.pngSprinting Man (Finish Vestige Challenge with three medals.)

Strategy:  One of the easiest challenges, I did all 3 medals in my first try. There will be a big fight at the end, with a very nice barrier you can hide behind. Do not go through the finish line, stay as long as enemies spawn, there will be some robots, which you can kill with x3/x4 combo to give you a lot of points.

Points that will net you 3 medals: +100K

Video:

37S31633c.pngNever Linger (Finish Garrison Challenge with at least one medal.)

46S03e9ff.pngThis Needs to Happen Now (Finish Garrison Challenge with three medals.)

Strategy: In my opinion this was the hardest challenge to get 3 medals. Beside tight time limit, you basically need to get to x4 during the first bit robot section and try to keep it until the end. It fell for me to x3 on few occasions. There will be a lot of snipers, drones shooting rockets, robots shooting rockets, regular grunts, etc. Best tips I got are take the same path I took in the video, learn this map by heart and be fast. In addition try to get a many headshots as possible, head of alien snipers is not the top of the body.. it's like slightly lower to the left. I recommend coming to close proximity of one sniper and taking a look, where his head is.

Recommended weapons: Shotgun and sniper (I used the 2nd unlocked one - 5 shots)

Points needed: 70K+

Video:

38S902a99.pngLet's Do This (Finish Flight Challenge with at least one medal.)

47S0d0f83.pngFinal Flight (Finish Flight Challenge with three medals. )

Strategy: The longest level in the game. I think I got lucky with points as I got 138K and this is close to what is needed. I got x5 multiplier for a minute or two in the spider section and turns out this saved my three medals. It's hard to keep your combo as enemies will be far away and shoot you from many places. I finished my run with x1 combo on the 2 big robots. No grinding here.

Recommended weapons: Shotgun and sniper (I used the 2nd unlocked one - 5 shots)

Points needed: 135K+

Video:

skroq.pngSbfB6I1.png

#5 skroq

skroq

Gold Poster

• Elite Premium
  • 4408 posts
  • LocationPoland

User's Awards