• PSN ID:The-Captain-388
  • Feedback Score:280

User's Awards

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:18 AM

gZQ6wXd.png

Overview:

Estimated 100% Difficulty: 2/10

Estimated Time To 100%: 100+ Hours

Online Trophies: 18 (3 :silver 15 :bronze)

Offline Trophies: None, You Must Be Signed In Online To Play This Game

Minimum Number Of Playthroughs Required: Technically None, Grinding XP Can Be Done In Any Game Mode

Do Cheats Affect Trophies?: No Cheats Known

Does Difficulty Affect Trophies?: No Difficulty Setting On PS4, However The Phone App Does (Which Might Get Patched In At Some Point). Difficulty Setting On Phone Yields Higher XP.

Missable Trophies: None

Glitched Trophies: None, However There Are Some Glitches With Tasks (Nothing Trophy Related)

NOTE: You Must Be Signed In Online To Play This Game

Introduction:

Welcome to Gems Of War! This Free-To-Play Puzzle/CCG/Strategy hybrid game is from 505 Games, makers of a wide variety of games including Puzzle Quest and Terraria. Gems Of War is essentially a Bejeweled-style match 3 puzzle game, with a collectible card game mixed in. The entire object of the game is to match gems while powering up your heroes to destroy the other teams heroes. Simple concept to learn, but can get very complex in team depth, design, and strategy. Overall, the trophies in the game are easy, albeit grinding to Level 100 can take a very long time. The game can easily be 100%’ed without spending any money at all, however personally, I recommend buying the $4.99 Obsidian PS4 Pack just so you can get the 50% XP boosted armor to reduce the grind to Level 100.

Road Map:

Step 1: Play The Tutorial, Whitehelm Kingdom Quest, & Join A Guild – You’ll want to do the tutorial first, then some campaign/quests to level up to Rank 12 so you can unlock/complete the Whitehelm kingdom quest line to get Lady Sapphire right away, which is arguably the best Epic rank card in the game. You’ll want to join a guild early on as well, preferably one with a lot of active people and a fairly high rank. The higher the guild rank, the higher your daily login bonus gold will be. Top tier guilds will yield a 100% extra gold bonus daily, however I don’t think any guilds on PS4 are that high yet at the time of writing this guide.

Step 2: Grind Gold In PvP Matches & Complete Kingdom Quests – You’ll want to knock most of the easy trophies next, but you will need lot of gold which is best earned in PvP matches. Once you’ve unlocked Lady Sapphire, leveled her up with souls, and got the hang of the game, you shouldn’t have much problem ranking up in PvP against other players controlled by the AI. Personally, I would recommend trying to get to Rank 1 in PvP, since your login rewards include extra Glory (used in purchasing in-game weapons/cards in the store). You’ll want to also work on completing each kingdom’s quest line.

Step 3: Level Up To 100 Through Challenges – Hopefully you have a lot of quests completed at this point, but if you don’t you should probably complete most of them to get their Epic cards and all of the challenges unlocked. The fastest way to level up is by quickly beating the challenges up to 3 stars since they get progressively harder after that.

Gameplay Tips:

Utilize this reference to know what leveling up each card will give you: http://gemsofwar.com...ide-troop-list/

Here's a reference for all the Epic cards in the game (you can get them all by completing the quests): https://steamcommuni...s/?id=368046910

Here's a map of all the kingdoms banners and mana bonuses each one receives:

DKDAxhk.jpg?1

Online Trophies:

1Sb3130a.png Double Digits :bronze
Reach level 10

Please See ‘Centurion’

2Sf5112e.pngSilver Platter :bronze
Reach level 25

Please See ‘Centurion’

3S54090d.png Golden Jubilee  :bronze
Reach level 50

Please See ‘Centurion’

4Saf30d7.png Centurion  :bronze
Reach level 100

This grinder will likely be the last trophy you’ll have left in the game and the reason for the 100+ Hour time estimate. As mentioned in the Road Map, I recommend buying the $4.99 Obsidian PS4 Pack just so you can get the 50% XP boosted armor right away to reduce the long grind to Level 100. There is, however, another 50% XP boost armor that is purchasable within the game for 50 diamond gems, however it will take a lot of work/luck to get that many diamonds early on in the game so you will waste a lot of non-XP boosted time getting there. The nice thing is you get XP for doing basically everything in the game, so you there’s no set path to getting to Level 100. Some people will enjoy doing PvP or the Arenas, but I felt the fastest and most effective way to get to Level 100 is by grinding out all the quest lines (campaigns) to unlock all the challenges, then complete all of the challenges to the 3rd Star. Doing the 4 & 5 Star Challenges are more difficult, take more time, and also don’t seem to yield any extra XP so I can’t recommend them unless you really need the extra souls (100 souls each for completing 5 Star challenges). I was able to hit Level 100 by having all but 1 quest line completed (17 kingdoms in the game at the moment) and all challenges completed to the 3rd Star. You’ll want to make sure you bring a strong offensive team to complete games faster. Personally, I used my Hero, Lady Sapphire, Shadow Hunter, and Sheggra, in that order. All of them are mostly damage/kill based so I didn’t waste much time trying to buff the team or anything else while plowing through the challenges.

5S7ab311.png Robber Baron  :bronze
Capture 2 Kingdoms

Please See ‘King Of Kings’

6S50dacd.png Arch Duke  :bronze
Capture 5 Kingdoms

7S3a7efb.png Prince Regent  :bronze
Capture 10 Kingdoms

8Scd15ce.png King of Kings :silver
Capture 15 Kingdoms

These trophies are very easy, however very expensive. Essentially you have to unlock 15 of the 17 kingdoms in the game by using gold. They start at 250 gold for the first Kingdom and eventually cap at 4000 gold towards the end. You earn gold in various ways, but the best ways are winning PvP matches or using Treasure Maps.

9S8e3bc8.png Rabble Rouser  :bronze
Unlock 10 different Troops

Please See ‘General’

10S398c3e.png Raid Leader  :bronze
Unlock 25 different Troops

Please See ‘General’

11Sdfff66.png General :silver
Unlock 50 different Troops

Don’t worry too much about this one, since you’ll likely get it long before the Level 100 trophy as long as you’re in a good guild and completing tasks along the way. You unlock troops in various ways:

• Chests – You will earn a couple keys to chests during the tutorial/campaign, in addition you can purchase regular keys for 1000 gold each. Each chest you open gives you 3 cards/troops randomly, with the magic keys yielding a higher chance at Rare/Ultra Rare/Epic/Legendary cards.

• Quests – You unlock 1 Epic card for each quest line you complete. One quest line actually has 2 cards to unlock (one Epic and one weapon).

• Guild Tasks – Hopefully you joined an active guild and are continue to donate guild to complete their tasks. Many tasks reward keys to chests.

• Tasks – In the upper left you can see your tasks. While playing the game, try to complete these as soon as you can, to move on to the next one. Some of these tasks will reward you with a key to a chest.

12S8ea2c7.png Student  :bronze
Finish the Tutorial

Very simple and unmissable. Start the game and it’ll walk you through this trophy.

13S8064f7.png Team Player  :bronze
Join a Guild

As stated in the Road Map, you’ll want to do this early and I believe the tutorial even directs you to do it. Go to the Guild option at the bottom of your screen and search for a higher level guild with a lot of players (15-20+). There will be open guilds to join, so simply join one and it’ll pop the trophy.

14S5e0209.png Challenger  :bronze
Defeat any Challenge and gain 1 star

Please See ‘Champion’

15S4b20ce.png Champion  :bronze
Master any Challenge by gaining 5 stars

Challenges are unlocked by completing the quest for that kingdom. There are 7 challenges per kingdom, for a total of 119 challenges in the game. For this trophy, you only need to complete one of the challenges in the game to a 5 star rank. I’d recommend not doing this right away, since it’ll be tougher at first, but later in the game when you have a great squad and leveled up troops, it’ll be really easy to do.

16S61c859.png Brawler  :bronze
Successfully invade an enemy in PvP

This is the only truly competitive online trophy that needs to be done, but it’s very easy. Simply go to the Invade option at the bottom of the screen and start a match. You’ll want to do this fairly early in the game since the game tries to match you against higher level opponents the higher level you get yourself. You will have to win the game, but you essentially have unlimited tries (provided you have enough gold). In PvP matches, the other team is actually controlled by the computer/AI, so it’s not very skill-based and you’d get lucky and win eventually, even if you completely suck at the game.

17Sbdbad6.png Fashionista  :bronze
Change your hero's costume

Easy trophy, simply go to the Hero option at the bottom of your screen, then go to armor. Switch from one type to another, then back out so it saves. This will pop the trophy.

18S27cae6.png Mentor :silver
Train any troop to level 10

You train your troops via the Troops option at the bottom of your screen when you press :triangle. Essentially you just need enough souls to level up one troop to Level 10. You’ll get souls easily along the way just by playing the game, but the fastest way is by completing 5 Star challenges, which yield 100 souls each. You’ll need 875 souls to level a troop to Level 10. Again, don’t worry about this one as you’ll have it long before you hit Level 100.

Posted Image

#2 The-Captain-388

The-Captain-388

Completionist

• Standard Members
  • 7872 posts
  • LocationO-Town, Florida, USA

User's Awards

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:19 AM

Guide is finished.  I might add some more gameplay tips later.

Posted Image

#3 Hakoom

Hakoom

Bronze Poster

• Standard Members
  • 657 posts
  • LocationBahrain
  • PSN ID:Hakoom
  • Feedback Score:6

User's Awards

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:37 AM

the only issue with this game is that its very addicting :P

btw for the bonuses.. you cant stack them from different kingdoms correct? you have to make that kingdom your home to be able to stack it or?

#4 Juzam666

Juzam666

RNGesus

• Standard Members
  • 4220 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • PSN ID:Juzam666
  • Feedback Score:220

User's Awards

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:21 AM

Only the home kingdom grants you a bonus.

Some of my better trophies from my super duper CRAP list:
http://ps3imports.or...trophy-cabinet/
---
& my super duper CRAP list:
http://psnprofiles.com/Juzam666
---

CGs

#5 Hakoom

Hakoom

Bronze Poster

• Standard Members
  • 657 posts
  • LocationBahrain
  • PSN ID:Hakoom
  • Feedback Score:6

User's Awards

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

then whats the deal with the +2 heart and shields from different kingdoms?

when i go to the kingdom bonus i see the exact same thing  for each

#6 The-Captain-388

The-Captain-388

Completionist

• Standard Members
  • 7872 posts
  • LocationO-Town, Florida, USA

User's Awards

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:18 PM

then whats the deal with the +2 heart and shields from different kingdoms?

when i go to the kingdom bonus i see the exact same thing  for each

Keep in mind, your home kingdom only grants you a bonus while Defending (PvP).  You can level up every home kingdom to give the "extra" bonuses that every kingdom can do (press X on your home kingdom to see the levels).  However, the banner you pick for your troops to play with grants mana bonuses according to that kingdom.  For example, I use the Khaziel banner since you get 2 extra brown mana for every match (instead of 3, you'd get 5).

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gems Of War, Trophy Guide, Road Map

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users