• Site Owner
  • 27021 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:607

User's Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10
  • Offline: 21 (1 :plat 8 :gold 4 :silver 8 :bronze )
  • Online: N/A
  • Approximate time: 3-7 Hours
  • Minimum number of playthroughs needed: N/A
  • Does Difficulty affect Trophies: Yes, multiple trophies require playing on Hard
  • Does Difficulty levels stack: N/A
  • Missable trophies: None
  • Extra Items for the Game: for Team Work :bronze PS3/PS4 you need 2 controllers
  • Glitched trophies: Winning Streak :gold
  • Cheats: None
  • Stacking: PS3, PS4 EU, PS4 NA, Vita

BEFORE YOU START

The first thing you want to do is create two teams.  One team will be your bad team and the other will be your good team.

1) You are going to make 2 bad teams, one is New Zealand and one is Namibia.  You have to beat a team that is a 90 rating and that is where you will take down New Zealand. After, you get that trophy the bad team will always be Namibia. Reduce every players speed, acceleration, and agility who are ranked 1-23.  You can edit other stats but as long as you can run by all of them easily that is all that matters.

2) Create a good team.  Australia is a good choice but you can choose another team if you wish.  Go ahead and max out the attributes of the players 1-15.

The second thing you might want to do is edit options. I turned off side view and did head on.  Also, you can turn off Offsides/Injuries/Fatigue if you wish.

ROAD MAP

1) Lets get the auto-running trophies out of the way.  The trophies we will get in this step are Premiership :gold , Top 14 Champs :gold , Pro D2 Champs :gold , Total Pro :gold , Customary :gold

You can play some of the matches if you wish but it is not necessary.  If you are having trouble auto-running you can always beef up the team you select.  I ramped up players Speed, Agility, and Acceleration and that worked like a charm.

2) Now you will focus on winning 10 matches in a row.  The difficulty must be on hard but that is not an issue with your super team vs. New Zealand who has no speed if you followed my directions above.  There are many trophies so I would focus on 1 or 2 in each match.  You should be able to get all the trophies within these 10 games.

3) Cleanup any remaining trophies.

#2 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27021 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:37 AM

AUTO-RUNNING TROPHIES:

b5fa751516.png

Premiership :gold
Win the AVIVA Premiership Title

The AVIVA Premiership is selectable from the Main Menu.  You can select more than 1 team if you wish but if you do you will have to simulate more matches.  I recommend selecting Saracens since they are the highest rated teams.  If you wish to beef up your team, it should be good enough raising their Speed, Acceleration, and Agility to 100.

Once you are in this competition, press :square to take control of Saracens and other teams if you wish. You need to make it in the Top 4 to advance so once you do that I highly recommend backing up your save file.

The game auto-saves after each simulation so if you find yourself in a great position you can backup the safe file to a USB Stick or Cloud. Another trick you can use is once you simulate and you are shown the score, if it is unfavorable you can quit out immediately with your XMB Button. I believe as long as you don't press :cross it will not save.

a6ae751517.png

Top 14 Champs :gold
Win the Top 14 Title

The Top 14 is selectable from the Main Menu.  You can select more than 1 team if you wish but if you do you will have to simulate more matches.  I recommend selecting Montpellier HR since they are the highest rated teams.  If you wish to beef up your team, it should be good enough raising their Speed, Acceleration, and Agility to 100.

Once you are in this competition, press :square to take control of Montpellier HR and other teams if you wish.  You need to make it in the Top 4 to advance so once you do that I highly recommend backing up your save file.

The game auto-saves after each simulation so if you find yourself in a great position you can backup the safe file to a USB Stick or Cloud. Another trick you can use is once you simulate and you are shown the score, if it is unfavorable you can quit out immediately with your XMB Button. I believe as long as you don't press :cross it will not save.

a689751518.png

Pro D2 Champs :gold
Win the Pro D2 Title

The Pro D2 is selectable from the Main Menu.  You can select more than 1 team if you wish but if you do you will have to simulate more matches.  I recommend selecting USA Perpignan since they are the highest rated teams.  If you wish to beef up your team, it should be good enough raising their Speed, Acceleration, and Agility to 100.

Once you are in this competition, press :square to take control of USA Perpignan and other teams if you wish. To win this tournament you must be in 1st place since their is no finals.

The game auto-saves after each simulation so if you find yourself in a great position you can backup the safe file to a USB Stick or Cloud.  Another trick you can use is once you simulate and you are shown the score, if it is unfavorable you can quit out immediately with your XMB Button. I believe as long as you don't press :cross it will not save.

d021751519.png

Total PRO :gold
Win the PRO12 Title

The PRO12 is selectable from the Main Menu.  You can select more than 1 team if you wish but if you do you will have to simulate more matches.  I recommend selecting Leinster Rugby since they are the highest rated teams.  If you wish to beef up your team, it should be good enough raising their Speed, Acceleration, and Agility to 100.

Once you are in this competition, press :square to take control of Leinster Rugby and other teams if you wish.  You need to make it in the Top 4 to advance so once you do that I highly recommend backing up your save file.

The game auto-saves after each simulation so if you find yourself in a great position you can backup the safe file to a USB Stick or Cloud.  Another trick you can use is once you simulate and you are shown the score, if it is unfavorable you can quit out immediately with your XMB Button. I believe as long as you don't press :cross it will not save.

8f35751520.png

Customary :gold
Create and win a competition in Custom Cup featuring 20 teams or more

The Custom Cup is selectable from the Main Menu. In the settings change teams total to 20 and Playoffs to No. Now select your team that you made great, if you followed the guide that would be Australia.  Now replace everyone else with teams rated under 70.  You should be able to cruise through the tournament.

#3 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27021 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:37 AM

FRIENDLY MATCH TROPHIES:

630175152.png

First Try :bronze
Score a try

See Try Haul :gold

909d75154.png

Bonus Worthy :bronze
Score four tries in a match vs CPU (Hard)

See Try Haul :gold

ec9d751514.png

Try Haul :gold
Score ten tries in a match vs CPU (Hard) (5 or 10 min halves)

To get this trophy, and the two above, you need to score 10 tries in one game.  The game must also be on hard difficulty as well as only being a 10 or 20 minute game.

You can use your super team and face the weak team you built in the roadmap to make this trophy easy.  To score a try, you need to reach the other team's goal and place the ball down.

10b1751513.png

Serious Rugger :gold
Win a match against an international team rated 90+, vs CPU (Hard)

If you followed my directions at the top, you can get this trophy easily.  The reason I chose New Zealand is they are ranked at or above 90 even with the adjustments.

Remember the match must be set on hard if you want the trophy.

See Winning Streak :gold for an easy way to win once you have the lead

Note: There is a bug with the roster where it does not pick up rated team changes until the next time you start up the game. New Zealand will stay at 90 with any changes, but when I re-started my PS3 later that day, New Zealand was rated 72. So when you make the changes, beat them the same day.

9377751510.png

100 Metre Dash :silver
Score a try after running the ball directly from behind your own goal line

All you have to do is run from your own goal line and score a try.  You can even catch the ball run back to your own goal and then score.

If you are playing against a team with no speed this will be very easy to do

5a17751512.png

Ruck Raider :silver
Win 5 ruck turnovers in a match vs CPU (Hard)

When the opponent has the ball and you tackle them a ruck will begin.  To steal it from your opponent, you first need to get a higher bar than your opponent by pressing down on :r3 . Once it is higher than your opponent, press :r2 and you will steal the ball.

Do this five times for the trophy

16a275153.png

Break On Through :bronze
Run and score a try directly after breaking out of a tackle, vs CPU (Hard)

Another easy trophy playing as your great team vs the bad team. There is nothing you can do to break a tackle but playing against your weak team it will happen eventually and often. Since you will be much faster than them, run at the person all the way in the back.  Hopefully you break through them and can continue on for the score.

dce275157.png

Big Touch Finder :bronze
Punt into touch for a territorial gain of 50+ metres

When you have possession of the ball, you need to kick it with :cross and the ball must travel 50+ metres than land into touch (out of bounds). When you go for the kick, try to kick from the other side of the field and angle it over to the sidelines.

bb5475159.png

Long Droppie :silver
Score a drop goal from 40+ metres

To kick a drop goal, while you are running with the ball, hold :cross and the direction you want to kick in.  You want to kick around the dotted line right after you cross midfield.  There is no easy way to judge so use your best judgement.

Before you start the game, turn wind on the highest setting.  When you have the wind in your favor, the kick will be even easier.

09e175155.png

With the Breeze :bronze
Score a penalty goal or conversion from 55+ metres, vs CPU (Hard)

To get this trophy you need the wind in your favor.  Turn the wind on high and make sure you are playing on hard difficulty.  Your best opportunity for this is after you score.  Score the try right between the goalpost for an easier shot.

Move the ball backwards until you reach 55+ metres. Now bring the :r3 back and then move forward at the highest peak as steady as possible. It is not easy to do but you will get it eventually

b2a275156.png

Place Kick Perfection :bronze
Score on 5 place kick attempts in a row during a match, vs CPU (Hard)

Another trophy that you must play on the highest difficulty.  To make this trophy easier, score a try right between the goalpost so you have a straight shot.

After each try, you are given an opportunity to convert 2 points.  You have to make 5 of these in a row for the trophy.

63ab751511.png

Best Behaviour :silver
Do not concede any penalty infringements in a match

This trophy is very easy since you do not even have to win the game. Pretty much put the controller down and let the match play out.  The only thing you need to do is throw in the ball and kick it when necessary. 

You will pop the trophy after the game is over.

20e8751515.png

Winning Streak :gold
Win 10 matches in a row, vs CPU (Hard) as the lead controller

To get this trophy, you need to win 10 friendly matches in a row on hard difficulty.  This is very easy to do with the super team vs weak team.  Once you have the trophies you need, you can play 5 minute halves to go faster.

To help you finish fast, I found a nice trick. Punt the ball deep into your opponent's territory.  They will usually respond by kicking it back and out of bounds. Once they do this you can throw the ball in.  Press :l2 and :r2 at the same time and you will catch the ball and automatically pitch the ball back to another player.  DO NOT TOUCH THE CONTROLLER.  For some reason, the opponent will never touch you and you can let the game run out.

Note: Apparently there is a good glitch in the game where the trophy might pop before 10 games but it seems random. It is not happened to me, but others had the trophy pop in as little as 3 games. This is the most time consuming trophy so if it pops early you will finish the game very fast.

5087751521.png

Serial Pest :bronze

Get awarded two yellow and/or red cards in a match

To make your life easier, play on 40 minute halves. This trophy will pop when you get it so you can quit out. There is no easy way to get this trophy other than continue to cause penalties.  A great way to get easy penalties is by pressing :r2 early when your opponent has the ball.  Another way is being offside.

Continue to do this and you will eventually get multiple yellow cards which will lead to your ejection and the trophy :)

a21075158.png

Team Work :bronze

Successful lineout throw by human-controlled players on same team

Note: This trophy is not on the vita and requires 2 controllers on the PS3/PS4

This trophy is very easy to do.  Start a friendly game and put two controllers on the same team.  When you have the ball try and kick the ball deep into your opponent's territory.  When they catch it, they will punt it back to you and generally out of bounds.  When this happens you need to throw the ball with one controller by pressing :r2 and catching with the other :l2 .  Hit both of these at the same time and you will get the trophy.

Trophy Tackler :plat

Earn all Bronze, Silver and Gold Trophies

Congrats on your new plat :)

#4 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27021 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

The guide is pretty much done.

I posted a very easy way to win games without even touching your controller :)

#5 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27021 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:02 AM

Guide is finished.

#6 dominikk_pl

dominikk_pl

• Standard Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Poland
  • PSN ID:dominikk_pl
  • Feedback Score:37

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:06 AM

Thanks for the guide - I didn't know about the trick for faster 10 wins while playing on Vita, I'll definitely use it on PS4 and PS3.

Apparently there's a glitch that gives you the 10 wins trophy after only 3 games, but I don't know how to recreate it.

#7 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27021 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:58 AM

I almost wonder If that person played matches in the tournaments and they counted towards the ten.

it popped exactly when I hit 10 so it seemed fine to me

I figured out the trick while writing the trophy guide. I was winning and I threw in the ball and noticed the CPU did nothing. It works about 80% of the time

#8 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7016 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois, USA
  • PSN ID:Lord_Raiden
  • Feedback Score:424

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

So...........

it looks like you did a rugby guide before i did

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#9 dominikk_pl

dominikk_pl

• Standard Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Poland

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

I figured out the trick while writing the trophy guide. I was winning and I threw in the ball and noticed the CPU did nothing. It works about 80% of the time

I also noticed that sometimes when you're running near the touchdown zone, your opponents will stand on the end line and don't move. I managed to recreate it 3-4 times, but it was definitely less reliable than your method.

Also, it's weird that a game from 2011, Rugby Challenge, is far superior in every aspect. This one is incredibly glitchy at times.

#10 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27021 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

Yeah the game will lag when you are running. The game is horrible

#11 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7016 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois, USA
  • PSN ID:Lord_Raiden
  • Feedback Score:424

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

Yeah the game will lag when you are running. The game is horrible

i'm sure we have played worse

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#12 dominikk_pl

dominikk_pl

• Standard Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Poland

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

There are worse, but I'm pretty sure this is the worst sports game I've ever played. Thank god this is a really easy and short plat.

#13 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27021 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

I agree with you. Game play wise it's the worst I've played as well

The loading time on the ps3 version is hideous.

#14 Hakoom

Hakoom

Bronze Poster

• Standard Members
  • 657 posts
  • LocationBahrain
  • PSN ID:Hakoom
  • Feedback Score:6

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

there is a glitch which i dont know how to do

you can get the 10 wins in 1~3 wins only

i got it today after 2wins and got the plat in 1h 46mins lol.. would of been 2h 46 without

for the penalties u can do it randomly by letting the opponent have the ball.. grab him then just spam R2 to get a penalty.. keep repeating this till the trophy pops.. did it in 5min match while workign my way through the 10wins

#15 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27021 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

That's a great tip hakoom on the penalties. I guess it sounds better when you write it :)

#16 fisty123

fisty123

Bronze Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 852 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • PSN ID:fisty123
  • Feedback Score:12

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

Well I tried to avoid finding out due to how bad this game is, but now that I know there is a forth plat I guess I bet get to it, Will be using the create two teams trick as my last three plats I did not do this and beating a 90 ranking team was not hard but annoying.

fisty123.pngfisty123.jpg

#17 dominikk_pl

dominikk_pl

• Standard Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Poland

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

Oh, I didn't notice the second PS4 list before, thanks. On the one hand, great, another easy platinum. On the other hand - it's Rugby 15.

#18 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27021 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

I noticed you can make changes to a team and the rating will not change

lowering a teams speed agility and acceleration is enough to run past them. You can edit more but what does it matter if you are faster :)

#19 dominikk_pl

dominikk_pl

• Standard Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Poland

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

Actually, the rating will eventually change, but much later. I changed all of New Zealand's stats to 0 and played 10 games on hard, nothing changed. Then I started one of the cups and on the team selection screen New Zealand was rated 0. This rating also changed on the regular match team selection screen from then.

#20 fisty123

fisty123

Bronze Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 852 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • PSN ID:fisty123
  • Feedback Score:12

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

All done, I must say changing stats made this way easier then the last 3 times I did this. had all in game trophies done by match two. Thanks for the guide

fisty123.pngfisty123.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users