BobbbyLight

Jabaris Parktetokounmpo

• 4502 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
  • PSN ID:BobbbyLight
  • Feedback Score:104

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hakoom, one of the more prolific and visible trophy hunters in the PlayStation Network, just broke through to level 100—a rank that requires a user to win some 30,000 trophies. Three others have also breached the 99 barrier, thought to be the limit when PSN instituted trophy support back in mid-2008.

Hakoom gets the publicity mostly because he runs a "trophy service" in which he helps folks win hard-to-win trophies—i.e. by playing the game for them—in exchange for money or PSN cards. Naturally, that opens him to accusations everything he does is a sham and he's cheating somehow (the common allegation, which Hakoom steadfastly denies, is that multiple gamers are playing on his account.) In the e-peen demimonde of achievement/trophy hunting, where everyone better than you is a liar or has no life, and everyone worse than you is an idiot noob, this is all par for the course.

There are three other 100-level PSNers out there, also accused of being "cheaters" by one of the third-party trophy sites monitoring gamers' progress. Hakoom says he was banned by the same site over a personal grudge. So who knows what the agenda really is there. (Indeed, this site currently lists 46 players at level 100).

But at least four accounts have level 100 status officially conferred by PSN. That's not in dispute: Go to the PlayStation Network's official site and search for the IDs Hakoom, warfigher [sic], DevilsProduct666 and nub_1983; all are level 100. This is a hell of a large accomplishment, considering how each level's XP requirement increases progressively.

As Hakoom pointed out on Twitter, 180 points are given for a platinum trophy (won by earning all trophies offered by a game), 90 for each gold trophy, 30 for a silver and 15 for a bronze. It takes 880,000 points to get to level 100. Hakoom says it took 1,900 days—more than five years—for him to pull this off. That's a lot of gaming.

http://kotaku.com/fo...work-1483760153

There's also a very entertaining thread on Gaf where Hakoom gets involved.  Have fun, my friends.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=734813

This post has been promoted to an article

DuXru.png
Thanks to Figma for the sig

:bronze Trade List :plat

#2 Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands

Trophy Hunter

• Premium Trader
  • 3613 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany
  • PSN ID:Monkey-Hands
  • Feedback Score:114

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

LMAO!! They really name Warfigher????

#3 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 26856 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:603

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

Hilarious since he has been banned by Sony.

#4 Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands

Trophy Hunter

• Premium Trader
  • 3613 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany
  • PSN ID:Monkey-Hands
  • Feedback Score:114

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Yeah, and those other 2 are hackers too lol.

#5 BobbbyLight

BobbbyLight

Jabaris Parktetokounmpo

• 4502 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

The better entertainment comes in the Gaf thread, imo.

I really wish Sly wouldn't have outright deleted Hakoom from PSNP because PSNP has the nicest charts (well, since YGC hasn't been back) which more or less prove he is a team, which I'd LOVE to post in the Gaf thread.

All you have to do is look at his trophies earned per hour.  If you can honestly believe he gets (basically) an even number of trophies per every hour of the day and has since his account was created, you're a crazy person.

DuXru.png

#6 Juzam666

Juzam666

RNGesus

• Standard Members
  • 4220 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • PSN ID:Juzam666
  • Feedback Score:220

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

I find it funny that the truth is so easily concealed. The masses stroke off frauds blindly and happily.

No one person can earn the amount of trophies being put up by so many psn ids. Sorry. Numbers just don't add up. Level 100 solo and clean, who the fuck are you kidding? I don't know Hakoom at all, no beef w him, but dudes in la la land thinking everyone's buying that solo hack free shit.

Some of my better trophies from my super duper CRAP list:
http://ps3imports.or...trophy-cabinet/
---
& my super duper CRAP list:
http://psnprofiles.com/Juzam666
---

CGs

#7 Grafinenko

Grafinenko

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 1422 posts
  • LocationParis
  • PSN ID:Grafinenko
  • Feedback Score:47

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

Hakoom is the worst ambassador for the trophy hunting community. My vote goes to that Roughdawg4 guy...  

#8 The-Captain-388

The-Captain-388

Completionist

• Elite Premium
  • 7872 posts
  • LocationO-Town, Florida, USA
  • PSN ID:The-Captain-388
  • Feedback Score:280

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

These articles drive me nuts.  And where are they getting their info?  Warfigher's account has been banned for ages...  The other 2 guys no one has ever even heard of, so obviously they are hackers too.

Can't wait till Matty gets going on these threads... Anyone posted up about Dead To Rights yet?

The-Captain-388.png

#9 mattybell2117

mattybell2117

Bellimus Prime

• 3651 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • PSN ID:mattybell2117
  • Feedback Score:110

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'd love to post up Dead to Rights but I think I'd go with a different direction on this one. I'd congratulate Hakoom for joining such an elite group of gamers and cheer him on as he tries to catch up to those guys. I think the company at level 100 suits Hakoom well.

I've heard of nub_1983, the guy doesn't even bother hiding his hacks. Can't believe he isn't kicked off the Sony leaderboards yet but if he's still on there he must be legit. I'd be willing to bet good money the guy who wrote this article has less than 1000 trophies and just googled psn leaderboard to get his info. 

Maybe I'd throw Dead to Rights up there as well though. 

Posted Image

#10 Velsu

Velsu

Polish Prince

• 2037 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • PSN ID:Velsu
  • Feedback Score:91

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Interesting read. And even tho im not as experienced yet as most of You and i dont even know who this warfighter is/was i got surprised by some names mentioned in the article. I never heard of them so i assume they are some kind of hackers.

Overall i had an impression that all of the top world trophy hunters are too full of themself and ignorant.  Especially after visiting Hakoom website and seeing some of his posts that were implying "worship me".

I changed my mind after seeing ps3imports and RD. I can see how he is helping community by writing guide's, sharing games and helping with trophies.

#11 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 26856 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

Honestly though I cannot take credit for this community.  I think we have been fortunate to have great members who are very honest and helpful.

I think alot of us enjoying helping others and that is why I feel this site is successful :)

#12 sefjwm

sefjwm

YGC Owner & Skylanders Expert

• Graphics Team
  • 3450 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • PSN ID:sefjwm
  • Feedback Score:82

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hakoom receives money, games, and play time from his fans.  Warfigher was one of the first major hackers.  He's admitted it multiple times and offered me hundreds of dollars to keep him on YGC.  The other 2 are just random hackers who don't care.  Kotaku is just being stupid and didn't ever try to research this at all.

sefjwm.png

yHvACHU.png

#13 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 26856 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

Must have been a really slow day :)

#14 Velsu

Velsu

Polish Prince

• 2037 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • PSN ID:Velsu
  • Feedback Score:91

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Honestly though I cannot take credit for this community.  I think we have been fortunate to have great members who are very honest and helpful.

I think alot of us enjoying helping others and that is why I feel this site is successful :)

I do not deny that. This community is awesome and im very pleased that i can be part of it. Im just saying You have different aproach than lets say Hakoom which thinks too high of himself.

#15 BobbbyLight

BobbbyLight

Jabaris Parktetokounmpo

• 4502 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

If you think RD is nice, you haven't gotten to know him.

That was totes jokes.

No it wasn't.

DuXru.png

#16 MainComptonese

MainComptonese

Gold Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2776 posts
  • LocationAkiba Strip
  • PSN ID:MainComptonese
  • Feedback Score:152

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

Back in 2010, Hakoom sent me a message if he could borrow some imports for free and I told him to go fuck off. 

#17 RavenX

RavenX

• 73 posts
  • LocationBrasil
  • PSN ID:RavenXBR

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

One nice way to check if some PSN account is been "shared for trophies", is that you can find different games unlocking trophies very close each other.

Usually some "teams" try to avoid this with each player playing in different times during the day, but usually, they will fail in the long term and you will see at least 2 trophies from 2 different games unlocked with a difference of a few seconds. And analysing the games you will notice that the time would not be enough to even change games.

;-)

RavenXBR.png

#18 MINIRACIZ

MINIRACIZ

GIGGITY

• Premium Trader
  • 6675 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:MINIRACIZ
  • Feedback Score:155

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

Yeah because we so look down on people who are a "team". We would never have anything like that on this site :lol

Posted Image

Spoiler

#19 RavenX

RavenX

• 73 posts
  • LocationBrasil
  • PSN ID:RavenXBR

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

I really don't care how people play your games, buuuuut, I really care(a lot) about clean trophy leaderboards and competition.
So, if someone want to be part of it, earn your trophies honestly and fair.

;-)
RavenXBR.png

#20 Grafinenko

Grafinenko

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 1422 posts
  • LocationParis
  • PSN ID:Grafinenko
  • Feedback Score:47

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

One nice way to check if some PSN account is been "shared for trophies", is that you can find different games unlocking trophies very close each other.

Usually some "teams" try to avoid this with each player playing in different times during the day, but usually, they will fail in the long term and you will see at least 2 trophies from 2 different games unlocked with a difference of a few seconds. And analysing the games you will notice that the time would not be enough to even change games.

;-)

Never thought of that. Thanks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users