• 4-5 Avoid Water Traps and Out of Bounds and Win
Edge Vs./Replay
  • 4-C Win with back-to-back birdies
Silver Rank
  • 5-1 Land within 1m of the Pin (Green in Regulation or better) and Win
  • 5-2 Win without Using Spin Shots
  • 5-3 Keep Hitting Green in Regulation and Win
  • 5-4 Win with over 1500 Points
  • 5-5 Win with a Chip-in birdie or better.
Max Vs./Replay.
  • 5-C Win without getting a Bogey.
Gold Rank
  • 6-1 Land within 2m of the Pin (Green in Regulation or better)
  • 6-2 Win without getting out of bounds/water hazards
  • 6-3 Win without landing in the bunker
  • 6-4 Land within 3m of the Pin (Green in Regulation or better) an Win
  • 6-5 Get a birdie on the last hole and Win
Fatima Vs./Replay
  • 6-C Win without using Power Shots.
Platinum Rank

IsaakVs./Replay
  • 7-C Win with a set number of clubs

#2 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27427 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:607

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

I will list strategies for the harder holes, but most of them you should pass with ease. Here are a few tips.

*IMPORTANT* - The computer typically finishes the game with a +2 or +3 (this is their best case scenario). So if you need to sacrifice a par, bogey, etc. to keep your conditions in check you should do so.

Win with over XXXX points or Win with a total score of -X
If you struggle with these challenges, come back when you have better gear and the expert characters. With their high stat of power, you should be able to reach par5's for eagles and even some par4's in one shot.

Have a fairway keep XX% and win.
Fairway keep is driving the ball off the tee and landing in the fairway. The best tip I can give you is DO NOT USE YOUR DRIVER. Your driver has the worst accuracy and all it takes is one miss to ruin this challenge. If you need to, use a 7-8 iron and drive the ball 150 yards off the tee into a nice big fairway area. It might ruin your chances for a birdie, but to beat the computer they are usually not necessary.

Fairway Hit % does not calculate par3's.

Avoid Rough/Bunker/Waterhazard/Out of Bounds
If you need to avoid the bunker, water, and out of bounds, you should easily be able to do these. Make sure you are careful with your shots and you should be able to complete these on the first try.

Avoiding the rough is the worst condition since the rough....well is everywhere. You will need to be very careful with your ball placement and sometimes you will be forced to hit the ball much shorter than you can so you reach a safe area. I would concentrate on scoring high the first few holes so you can be really safe near the end.

Have a Green in Regulation of XX%
Typically this will be the hardest challenges in the game. Green in Regulation means reaching the green and being able to attempt a birdie or better putt. So that means reaching the green in 1 shot on a par 3, 2 shots on a par 4, and 3 shots on par 5. If you need a 100%, then you need to play an excellent round of golf to achieve it.

The best tip I can give you is do not go for the pin but rather the middle of the green. Sometimes the pin is placed near the fringe of the green and this can be very dangerous as the ball can easily be mis-hit or roll off the green.

Land within Xm of the Pin and Win
These conditions require you to be Green in Regulation so you cannot sneak up to the green and have an easy chip....most of the time :) . If you are having trouble with the 1m and 2m requirements, I would suggest taking advantage of the par 5 holes. What you can do is power up your first shot and rather than shooting for the green in the 2nd shot, get as close to the green as you can. If you can do this correctly, you will leave yourself with a 20-30m chip-shot to get this challenge.

Have a Perfect Impact XX%
This is another condition where I cannot really help with. Pick whichever style of shot meter is the most comfortable for you and concentrate on that accuracy. 30% should not cause to many problems but 50% will require skill.

Win with all Spin Shots or no Spin Shots
One of the easier conditions as long as you keep your hand on/away from the directional pad. If it requires all spin shots, always hold the directional button down (or attempt a different spin shot). If it is no spin shots, keep your hands off the directional buttons at all times. I find the no spin shots slightly tricky since it is forcing me to do something I do not want to do :)

#3 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27427 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Challenge 1-2 - To use rising shot you need to press :down on the backswing and then :up on the swing + perfect impact. You should be able to do this with ease since it is on an easy course. To make this easier get the ball near the green and chip it in for an easy 7-8 meter shot. I believe you need to be shooting for Par or better for it to count.

Challenge 1-3 - I am only listing this challenge since you cannot complete this when you first reach it. You will need an expert character to reach the green in one shot.

Challenge 1-C - Hot Shots Golf Veterans can do this first time around, but if you struggle this is another challenge to come back to with an expert golfer and/or better gear.

Challenge 2-C - You can do this on your first try, but if you struggle you can come back with a better character. Also, if you play on Easy Mode you can win by going 2UP giving you 1 extra hole to play with. The computer is still really bad at this point so birdies and sometimes par's will get you a victory.

Challenge 3-C - Hopefully at this point in the game, your pin accuracy on the green is really good because you need to 1 putt to victory on each hole. If you have a long distance to cover, I would recommend laying up a little so you can have more accuracy on the green. Again, easy mode is nice here since going 2UP wins and that is one less hole you need to worry about.

Challenge 5-5 - This is a tough condition to meet but the good news on this challenge is you should be grinding your store points here. So if you have trouble, do not worry because you will be playing this challenge about 100 times. I would be shocked if you did not get a chip-in at least once.

Challenge 5-C - Its been a while since I played this challenge, but I think if you were going to get a bogey, you can give up on the hole and it will keep your streak alive. But if you use Easy Mode, you should not have this problem.

Challenge 7-C - When the challenge says win with a set number of clubs, it means you must use whatever club your caddy gives you. Make sure to come with a character that has at least 1 loyalty point so you can utilize the :circle and :triangle buttons to adjust/reduce the power of your swing. Also, make sure to save your power shots for when you go uphill since you will need it. 90% of the time you have the right club anyway so its not as bad as it sounds.

#4 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27427 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

If anybody has any additional questions about a challenge, feel free and ask. The vita version is easier than the PS3 version so you should be able to get through these challenges with practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users