• 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:607

User's Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

header.png
Overview
+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 8/10 (6/10 if you are a HSG veteran)
+ Offline: 36 (1 :plat 5 :gold 9 :silver 21 :bronze )
+ Online: 1 (1 :bronze )
+ Approximate time: 40 - 50 Hours
+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: N/A
+ Does Difficulty affect Trophies: There is an Easy Mode. Use it if you want
+ Does Difficulty levels stack: N/A
+ Missable trophies: None
+ Extra Items for the Game: None
+ Glitched trophies: None
+ Cheats: None

SINCE THERE IS AN ONLINE PASS. YOU CAN ONLY ACHIEVE THE VITA PLATINUM FOR THE REGION YOU CURRENTLY ARE SETUP ON. AS A SIDE NOTE, YOU CAN USE THIS GUIDE FOR THE PS3 VERSION AS WELL. ALTHOUGH THE CROWN REQUIREMENTS ARE DIFFERENT, ITS 90% THE SAME GAME.

There is one extra trophy in the PS3 version and its just an extra character so the difficulty is still at the same level.

ROAD MAP

There is not much point in a roadmap as you have three main goals to achieve while playing the game. Max Loyalty with every character, purchase everything from the store (except the parts from the 3 machines that distribute lobby character parts), and crown all challenges.

An Official round is any round of golf you play that does not have helpful benefits. Helpful benefits are like Light Wind and Big Cup.

#2 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

1 HOLE OR SHOT TROPHIES

Overwhelming_Power.jpg
Overwhelming Power :bronze
Hit a drive over 350 yards in an official round

On course Legacy of Golf Links, there is a perfect spot for it. Of course the bonus is its on hole 1 so if you fail off the tee just quit out and retry. There is a long downward slope and if you are using a Big Air Club/Ball setup you will easily get 350 with an expert character.

As a side note, you will need to land on the green or the fairway for it to register. If you land in the rough or bunker it will not count.

Putting_Pro.jpg
Putting Pro :bronze
Sink a putt over 45ft long in an official long

I believe on the PS3 version and international versions it is 15 meters.

The easiest place to do this is on the first hole first course. The green is extremely flat with little to no curves. You should be able to do this within a few tries. If you are good at putting in the game, you might get this one naturally.

I maybe wrong on this, but I think you at least need a Par on the hole for this to count.

Watery_Wonder.jpg
Watery Wonder :bronze
Skip the ball across water three or more times in a row in an official round

I forgot which character I used, but I used one of the beginning characters that had high spin. Equip Turbo Spin on the club and ball to make this trophy a joke. Now play a 9 hole in on Harvest Hills and when you get to the last hole (hole 18) you will have a few shots at this. The good news is if you land in the water you will get another shot at it as long as you have power shots.

As you play through Harvest Hills, there are other bodies of water you can attempt it on.

What you need to do is press :down during your backswing and :up during your swing while getting perfect impact. If you do this, your ball will be on fire and turn blue. You should easily be able to skip the ball 3-5 times on water. Once it hits land, the trophy will pop.

In.jpg
My First Chip-In :bronze
Perform a chip-in in an official round

A Chip-in is anytime you get the ball in the cup without being on the green. You will get this naturally as all the special shots and other hole-in trophies require a chip-in.

My_First_Birdie.jpg
My First Birdie :bronze
Score a birdie in an official round

You get a birdie by finishing a hole 1 under par. So 2 shots on a par 3, 3 shots on a par 4, or 4 shots on a par 5. This should be one of your first trophies.

Rockin_Score.jpg
Rockin' Score :bronze
Score an eagle in an official round

You get an eagle by finishing a hole 2 under par. So a hole-in-one on a par 3, 2 shots on a par 4, 3 shots on a par 5. With higher level characters, you will get eagles with no problem.

Its_a_Miracle.jpg 
It's a Miracle! :silver
Score a double eagle in an official round

Here comes one of the hardest trophies in the game. To get this trophy you need to get a hole-in-one on a par 4 or 2 shots on a par 5. Once you have access to the highest level characters, you can tackle the first course to have the easiest chance. I would recommend waiting to go for this as you need to play a ton of rounds to max out each character, so there is a chance you could get this naturally.

If you play a 9 hole out on the first course, you have a chance to get a double eagle 3 out of 4 chances in the first 4 holes. 2 holes on par4's that can be reached in one shot while another is a par 5. There really is not much I can tell you since some of this is luck based.

If you want to try an easier method you can just replay the first hole over and over again. What you can do is do a super top spin off the tee :down during backswing then :up during swing + perfect impact. If you do this method, if you ever connect with the tee, the ball will shoot high in the air and then go in the hole.

Ace.jpg
Go for the Ace! :silver
Score a hole-in-one in an official round

If you are lucky, you will get the double eagle on a par 4 and you will get this trophy at the same time as double eagle, if not....sorry :(

Again the easiest course to do this on is the first course as most of the par 3's are very easy including reachable par 4's. When going for a hole-in-one, I would use a homing shot since 99% of the time it hits the pin it will go in.

I would totally recommend not going for this trophy specifically since you will get this at some point in the 200+ rounds of golf you will play.

Greased_Lightning.jpg
Greased Lightning :silver
Perfom a rising shot in an official round

To perform a rising shot, you need to press :down during your backswing and then :up during swing + perfect impact. Also, you need to hit the pin for it activate and sink the ball in the hole. You can easily do this during the first course and you can do this from even 7 or 8 yards out with a character that has high spin. Whenever I chip in normally, I like to use this shot normally (except on bad down-slopes).

To get this trophy, you need a minimum of 3 Loyalty with a character

Perfect_Spiral.jpg
Perfect Spiral :silver
Perfom a spiral shot in an official round

To perform a spiral shot, you need to press :left or :right during your backswing and then swing with the opposite choice + perfect impact. Also, you need to hit the pin for it activate and sink the ball in the hole. You can easily do this during the first course and you can do this from even 7 or 8 yards out with a character that has high spin. Personally, I do not like using this shot unless I am avoiding an obstacle since you need to take a few more things into consideration.

I would make sure to use a character that hits the ball straight, draw and fade characters will over complicate the trophy.

Flame.jpg
Chaser of the Flame :silver
Perform a homing shot in an official round

To perform a homing shot, you need to press :up during your backswing and then swing with :down + perfect impact. Also, you need to hit the pin for it activate and sink the ball in the hole. Unlike the two other shots, you will need to be further away from the hole for homing to activate. Even with high spin characters, you might need 20-25 yards of distance for homing to activate. I recommend using this shot throughout the game so it should come naturally especially for your hole-in-one trophy or double eagle.

#3 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

STORE TROPHIES

Collector.jpg
Lobby Character Part Collector :bronze
Collect over 50% of the normal parts

See Lobby Character Part Maniac :gold

Lover.jpg
Lobby Character Part Lover :silver
Collect over 50% of the special parts

See Lobby Character Part Maniac :gold

Maniac.jpg
Lobby Character Part Maniac :gold
Collect over 50% of the special parts

In the store, you start off with one machine and as you reach 25% of the items, the others will start unlocking. Just keep buying parts and once your percentage is over 50% the trophy will pop.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The game automatically saves after every purchase, but on the PS3 and Vita you can get around this. Before you start buying these items make sure to save up 300,000 to 350,000 points. Backup your save on cloud and unlock these 3 trophies. Then re-use your original save and you just saved a ton of points. These trophies have no bearing on the SOLD OUT :gold . Using this trick will help to shave a few hours off your time.

Fancy_Dresser.jpg
Fancy Dresser :bronze
Purchase a costume

See SOLD OUT :gold

Absolute_Class.jpg
Absolute Class :bronze
Purchase a Lv3 club or ball

Gear_Master.jpg
Gear Master :silver
Purchase all Lv3 versions of clubs and balls

Courses_Complete.jpg
Courses Complete!
Gain membership to every course

Audiophile.jpg
Audiophile :bronze
Purchase every Music track

Gear_Collector.jpg
Gear Collector :bronze
Purchase every type of ball and club

Art_Fancier.jpg
Art Fancier :bronze
Purchase every piece of concept art

SOLD_OUT.jpg
SOLD OUT :gold
Purchase every item in the shop

Other than the 3 trophies for 50% mentoned above, you will need to buy everything else in the game which includes Characters, Courses, Outfits, Balls, Clubs, and all concept items. Either this or the loyalty trophy will be your last trophy.

One of the best courses I found is playing challenge 5-5. You play an 18 round golf and can walk away with 10,000-13,000 points depending how you play. I found this to be the most efficient course to play on as well as building loyalty with unused characters.

#4 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

CHALLENGE TROPHIES

Fear_the_Receptionist.jpg
Fear the Receptionist! :bronze
Gain access to Amy as a playable character

As you play through the game, she will be unlocked in the store. Once you buy her, the trophy will pop.

The_Challenge_Begins.jpg
The Challenge Begins :bronze
Win VS Isabelle on Beginner Rank

See The Real Ending! :gold

League.jpg
So Long, Amateur League :bronze
Win VS Pancho on Amateur Rank

Golfer.jpg
A True Hot Shots Golfer :bronze
Win VS Grace on Pro Rank

Chewing_Up_Challenges.jpg
Chewing Up Challenges :bronze
Win VS Stuart on Bronze Rank

The_Climax.jpg
The Climax! :bronze
Win VS Max on Silver Rank

Journeys_End.jpg
Journey's End...? :silver
Win VS Pandora on Gold Rank

The_Real_Ending.jpg
The Real Ending! :gold
Win VS Izzak on Platinum Rank

To get all of these trophies you will need to beat the boss on every rank level. The boss unlocks when you meet the requirement to open them. If you highlight the boss, you can see what the requirement is.

To beat the boss you need to win in 9 holes or get 3 UP on them and the match will automatically end. If you are having trouble with any of these, you can play on EASY Mode to make it easier. I believe on EASY Mode, the match will end if you go 2 UP. Other than the last boss, you should be able to handle most of these with little to no concern.

Starry_Night.jpg
Starry Night :silver
Collect every star in Challenge Mode

See King of Kings :gold

King_of_Kings.jpg
King of Kings : gold
Collect every crown in Challenge Mode

Corwn Requirements for PS3
http://ps3imports.or...or-ps3-version/

Crown Requirements for VIta
http://ps3imports.or...allenges-guide/

#5 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

MISC TROPHIES

Shot_Type_Selector.jpg
Shot Type Selector :bronze
Use every shot type in an official round

As you play through the game, you will unlock 5 different ways you can shoot the ball. Make sure to try each one ON AN OFFICIAL ROUND, and the trophy will pop.

Daily_Participant.jpg
Daily Participant :bronze
Enter a Daily Int'l Tournament and complete the round

Play whereever the daily tournament is and finish. It does not matter where you place, as long as you finish.

*IMPORTANT* - An online pass is required so on the vita version you can only obtain this trophy based on the region of your PSN Store.

True_Dedication.jpg
True Dedication :bronze
Raise one character's loyalty to max

See I Love Everybody! :gold

I_Love_Everybody.jpg
I Love Everybody! :gold
Raise all characters' loyalty to max

Along with purchasing everything in the store, this will also be the last trophy you will receive. The ranks of loyalty go 1, 2, 3, then MAX. It takes 10 18-hole rounds of golf to raise someone from 0 to MAX. So this is how many matches it takes for each version of golf.

10 rounds of 18-hole golf
20 rounds of 9-hole golf
40 rounds of VS Matches
You can mix and match all you want but I think 18 hole golf is the most efficient time since there will be less loading times. If you need money I would play challenge 5-5 but once you buy everything in the store, I would play the first course since you can finish it the fastest.

Note - If you are playing on the PS3 and you have a turbo controller you can easily do the loyalty without playing.  Pick Course 3 and select the character you want to work on and start auto-firing :cross . Every once and a while you will have an unplayable ball but this course is where it has happened to me the least.

Golfers.jpg
All our thanks to Hot Shots Golfers! :plat
Get every trophy

CONGRATULATIONS ON A RARE PLATINUM :)

#6 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Okay the guide is mostly complete. When I go home, I am going to double check the guide and make sure I got the courses correct. Also I will do a guide for the PS3 and Vita challenges. Other than the crown missions (one additional course on PS3) its the same game.

Interyernan or Cars, if either of you have any tips let me know. I will have the crown guides up by today or tomorrow

#7 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Images have been added. Thanks MINI.

#8 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

Hot Shots Golf might stack a few more times for the ps3 version.  There are two more trophy lists on the game so it looks like the US and EU could stack.

Thank you Captain for finding the 2 lists :)

#9 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7022 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois, USA
  • PSN ID:Lord_Raiden
  • Feedback Score:425

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hot Shots Golf might stack a few more times for the ps3 version.  There are two more trophy lists on the game so it looks like the US and EU could stack.

Thank you Captain for finding the 2 lists :)

And there is Asian ps3 version coming

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#10 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts
  • LocationHaslemere, Surrey, England.
  • PSN ID:interyernan1978
  • Feedback Score:159

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

8 way stack: 4 ps3, 4 Vita. Plat's available 5 with the 3 others at 98% on the Vita if you want to do them all.

Posted Image

#11 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

I will play all the ps3 versions, but no way will I play the vita's.  Thats a shit ton of work to only be short 1 trophy from platinum that takes about 5-10 minutes to complete :(

#12 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts
  • LocationHaslemere, Surrey, England.
  • PSN ID:interyernan1978
  • Feedback Score:159

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Yeah I've done Vita: Europe Plat, US 98% and I'm about 40% through the Jp version so that just leaves the Asian version.

We've both done the Jp version on the PS3 but I agree it's a lot of work to have 3 games sitting at 98% - although it is a lot of easy trophies.

Posted Image

#13 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Yeah thats true.  If there ever ends up being a release to make them achievable, you will have the best monster stack ever :)

#14 Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands

Trophy Hunter

• Premium Trader
  • 3613 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany
  • PSN ID:Monkey-Hands
  • Feedback Score:114

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

There's 2 new games of this with the exact same trophy list. :o

http://www.exophase....l-ps3/trophies/

http://www.exophase....6-ps3/trophies/

#15 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Yeah.  Me and Simon were talking and we are pretty confident it is the Europe and United States versions.  The series is called differently in each region

Hot Shots Golf - US

Everybody's Golf - EU

Minna no Golf - Japan

So its safe to say we know the regions but its wierd because I have not heard of any release dates.

#16 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

Added this trick for turbo users

Note - If you are playing on the PS3 and you have a turbo controller you can easily do the loyalty without playing.  Pick Course 3 and select the character you want to work on and start auto-firing :cross . Every once and a while you will have an unplayable ball but this course is where it has happened to me the least.

#17 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27426 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

added new banner courtesy of red rebel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trophy GUide, Vita, Hot Shots Golf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users