• Standard Members
  • 2776 posts
  • LocationAkiba Strip
  • PSN ID:MainComptonese
  • Feedback Score:152

User's Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Story: :plat

You start from 10:00 on April 28, 2013 and the story ends on 20:00 on the same date. However, the story starts off with an Agent trying to save a damnsel in distress and becomes involved in saving the Shibuya district in Tokyo from a terrorist attack. There is many suspenseful parts in the story and not mention some quite funny moments, as well. There is even, a couple bonus endings: 1) extremely sad which can be emotional to watch and read. 2) An anime of Canaan which is really cool to watch while playing it as a visual novel. Though, neither of those bonus endings have choices and you can sit back and watch them on auto-play.

I don't want to give any spoilers, but this is one of my top 5 favorite visual novels to this date and has such a great story to tell and read (if you can read Japanese). Famitsu and Japanese Gamers have given this a 9/10 on its stunning story, as well.

Trophies: :gold

428 ~封鎖された渋谷で~ is an "traditional" intermediate-difficult visual novel with several different endings and routes related to the 6 characters in the story. When I say traditional visual novel, I mean it requires you to read the dialogue text and there is no skip feature unless, you've read what you've read previously. There is also a flow chart where you can go back to any of the timelines of 4/28 (10:00 - 20:00) .

This is not, however, an easy visual novel but doable if you know what you're doing from the Japanese wiki sites. There is choices, but some choices can become blocked (aka "KEEP OUT") from yourself progressing to the next timeline or either having to go to another character's timeline (aka "JUMP") from that particular choice in that timeline. Each timeline is an hour. So, you'll start from 10:00, afterwards, the next timeline will be 11:00, and so on except the last one is 18:00 - 20:00. There is also a set of 100+ bad endings which can also be triggered from the choices that you select and there is quite a good amount of them, quite more than "Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11th suspect".

The strangest trophy of them all... was where you come to a particular scenario; it would require to start shaking your SIXAXIS in order for the screen to shake the screen image and dialogue text. Afterwards, your PS3 will turn off, then it would finish the story where it left off and the platinum will unlock; it literally confused the hell out of me and made me proud at the same time.

Graphics: :silver
Graphics are photograph images and are not drawn images like other visual novel based animes (ie, Majikoi, Steins;Gate, Clannad, Chaos; Head Noah, etc.)

Controls: :silver
Controls are simple to use and requires a SIXAXIS controller for the platinum.

Sound: :plat
The Soundtrack is scary, suspenseful, relaxing, happy, etc. I loved the soundtrack so much that I bought the 2-Disc collection from Japan & still listen to it from time to time on Itunes. Though, the soundtrack is very memorable and is articulately composed well; it was another nice feature that Famistu had mentioned that they loved while playing this, not to mention the story with the music.

Final Score: :gold
The background music and story take the cake on the greatness of 428 fuusa de shibuya which gives this a gold trophy rating. I rated 428 fuusa de shibuya very bias and considered there was 2 plats, 1 gold, & 2 silvers to make this as the final score..

Click here to view the article

#2 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 32872 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:619

User's Awards

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

Nice review Main :)

It looks like you are missing the easy part with the final score lol

#3 Triple-X

Triple-X

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 1570 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • PSN ID:Triple-X
  • Feedback Score:117

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

The strangest trophy of them all... was where you come to a particular scenario; it would require to start shaking your SIXAXIS in order for the screen to shake the screen image and dialogue text. Afterwards, your PS3 will turn off, then it would finish the story where it left off and the platinum will unlock; it literally confused the hell out of me and made me proud at the same time.

Ahh this reminds me of the Psycho Mantis fight in MGS where you have to switch your controller to the 2 player port so he cant read your input.

#4 Eliehsyus

Eliehsyus

• Standard Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • PSN ID:Eliehsyus_USA

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:37 PM

Hi!

Is there a trophy guide for this game?

#5 MainComptonese

MainComptonese

Gold Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2776 posts
  • LocationAkiba Strip
  • PSN ID:MainComptonese
  • Feedback Score:152

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

Even if there was an English guide, you wouldn't know what to do unless the guide was very comprehensive to understand.

I went through numerous Japanese guides & videos on trying to figure out the last few trophies to unlock.

Aeliana wrote a semi trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org, but he gave up on it due to the mass information the game requires to plat which there is alot of information.

If you're expecting an easy visual novel plat, then look elsewhere.

#6 Free

Free

Gold Poster

• Elite Premium
  • 4261 posts
  • LocationKansas City
  • PSN ID:kfree7
  • Feedback Score:51

User's Awards

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:40 AM

Very helpful review.

kfree7.png