Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts
  • LocationHaslemere, Surrey, England.
  • PSN ID:interyernan1978
  • Feedback Score:159

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

I am a hound for TV shows, as the new season of shows kicks into gear i'm going to try and watch as much of the new stuff as possible and give honest reviews of whats going on as and when i do and update in this thread so people can dip and see whether or not they think they might like a show. Feel free to add your opinions and suggestions on other new stuff i can give a go:

I'm always looking for new stuff to watch as i sit and watch in my mac whilst i'm gaming so please give me more suggestions.

Reviewed:

Last Resort
Arrow
Ben And Kate - This will get cancelled!
Guys With Kids - This wlll get cancelled!

Watched and too review:

To Watch:

Vegas
Elementary
Revolution
Nashville
Made In Jersey
Go On
Mindy Project

Posted Image

#2 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27705 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:609

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

The new shows I have been watching are Revolution, Vegas, Elementary.

Revolution - So far me and my wife both love this. This has a little bit of everything and is like the game Fallout where you are sort of in a post-apocolyptic world. So far the show has peaked both of our interest. If you haven't watched this yet you should.

Vegas - I like this show so far and my wife is still on the fence (says alot because I didn't think she would like it). For a series, the cast is really impressive and so far its meshing really well together. I am not completely sold on this show but it has me hooked for now.

Elementary - So the wife and I watched the first episode and I have to say we didn't like this. We loved the show House, but at times he could be really arrogant. Think of Sherlock Holmes like that times 10. Its just a little too overpowering for the first episode and I am not sure if we will watch anymore.

#3 mattybell2117

mattybell2117

Bellimus Prime

• Standard Members
  • 3651 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • PSN ID:mattybell2117
  • Feedback Score:110

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Some that I like/have heard good things about are:

Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Eastbound and Down
Posted Image

#4 shoe478

shoe478

Platinum Poster

• 5114 posts
  • LocationUS
  • PSN ID:shoe478
  • Feedback Score:152

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Eastbound and Down

Did you see the title of the thread?
Posted Image

#5 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Eastbound and Down

Fuck me Kanuck are you only just getting these shows in Canada!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1LncT3Pqqs

Posted Image

#6 mattybell2117

mattybell2117

Bellimus Prime

• Standard Members
  • 3651 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

I'm just getting around to watching em so they're new for me.
Posted Image

#7 shoe478

shoe478

Platinum Poster

• 5114 posts
  • LocationUS

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'm just getting around to watching em so they're new for me.

I think you just got lost. http://ps3imports.or...vie-or-tv-show/
Posted Image

#8 mattybell2117

mattybell2117

Bellimus Prime

• Standard Members
  • 3651 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Anything that someone hasn't seen is technically new for them, regardless of release. None of those were in his "watched" list so I suggested them.

I also liked Mad Men.
Posted Image

#9 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

ARROW: I thought it was going to be a bit happy slappy like Smallville and I was wrong. Don't get me wrong I liked Smallville but the moment they left High School it started to reach and I was worried it would run into Arrow but it doesn't.
Pilot gave enough intrigue to sustain the series and the characters look pretty solid. LM was right some of the plot will be a bit open and knowing along the way but lets hope the harder edge of combat from this episode and remaining mystery pushes it on.

LAST RESORT: What a fantastic Pilot episode! US naval sub with 18 nukes gets fired on by its own country after refusing to fire on Pakistan after finding out that they would be firing the first shot. Not going into anymore detail other than saying they land at an island and it becomes the smallest nuclear power in the world. Nice fresh cast with a couple of familiar faces (HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BOY!) and it looks well filmed, directed and acted. I hope it pushes on in the right direction but i don't see much plot past the single series.

Posted Image

#10 shoe478

shoe478

Platinum Poster

• 5114 posts
  • LocationUS

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Nah, most (if not all) of Simon's shows are on their first season. The newest show on your list is just about to start its 3rd.

While I don't think shows need another thread, it might be good to get the word out about shows starting this season.
Posted Image

#11 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

BEN AND KATE: Brother and Sister. He is aloof and a bit of an idiot she (stereotypically) got up the duff young and has a kid. He moves back in with her and they are raising the kid together with the help of her English ditzy friend and his token black guy sports instructor friend with not so hilarious results. I've watched the first few episodes and although i chuckled in a few places and did F all to warrant it being filmed. I'll stick it out for a few more episodes but my bet is it'll get cancelled.

GUYS WITH KIDS: Three friends who are all dads chum along. Black guy is stay at home dad with 4 kids. Run of the mill white guy with fit wife and 2 kids. Bloke with weird over protective ex who is single. They chum together share stories and pretty much do fuck all else. Its funnier than Ben and Kate but so is watching my lad laugh at him self doing farts in his hand and throwing them at my wife the first 3 or 4 times he does it. Its got a small chance to get a run past its first season but they canned Mad Love with Jason Biggs and Sarah Chalke last year which was actually funny so i can see this disappearing.

Posted Image

#12 mattybell2117

mattybell2117

Bellimus Prime

• Standard Members
  • 3651 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

Honey Boo Boo start just started a new season. This South Park's take on it

Sorry, can't offer much to what's coming out this season. I don't watch a lot of tv apart from Netflix and I just watch old shows on there.
Posted Image

#13 shoe478

shoe478

Platinum Poster

• 5114 posts
  • LocationUS

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

I feel bad for that kid if she sees half of the shit making fun of her.
Posted Image

#14 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27705 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:609

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

I would argue the opposite and say she will enjoyit. Bristol palins hero is honey boo boo and now southpark made fun of her, doesn't get much better than that :)

#15 lordmartock

lordmartock

Lord Grandpa

• Premium Trader
  • 2883 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • PSN ID:lordmartock
  • Feedback Score:107

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

I watched Nashville....only because of Hayden. Not my usual type of show....mainly since I really don't like Country music. I don't hate country music....not like Rap, it just isn't what I listen too. It wasn't bad...however, it isn't in my usual viewing habits.

From IMDB......."A fading Nashville superstar is forced to team up with a teen sensation or face the loss of her tour and promotion of her latest records."
Connie Britton plays the fading star while Hayden (from Heroes) plays the upcoming singing star. Connie (aka Rayna) is not selling out her tours like she used to, and is being forced by the record label to team up with Hayden (aka Juliette) to help boost her money intake. Juliette seems to be quite the broken character as her mother is a dope addict, and she can't seem to keep her clothes on. Just in the first episode, she sleeps with at least 2 different guys....and she is quite the little bitch.
Rayna is a fading star who is married and has 2 children. Her father (played by Powers Booth) is demanding, forceful, and massively manipulating those around him....and has no problem destroying those that get in his way. Rayna is being forced by the recond company to join Juliette's tour to boost her record sales and doesn't like it. She doesn't like Juliette and is feeling threatened by her success...and won't go on tour with her. Her husband is convinced to go into politics at the behest of his father-in-law.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users