Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7020 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois, USA
  • PSN ID:Lord_Raiden
  • Feedback Score:425

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

This is going to be a bit different than your usual trophy guide because there are only 3 classes of trophies and the others you will pick up as you go along.
http://www.microsoft...s.net/game/1114

solaris1.jpg

The Classes are
1) Make it so you are able to build a certain building. That is the first 32 on here, all bronzes
2) The second class is the silvers, (And the last gold) and those are for meeting certain population goals
3) The last set of bronzes is for having a certain amount of things. Once your housing reaches 100 you get the bronze. etc.
----------
The other 2 golds are
- Play for 5 hours (you'll get that easy)
- Solve 100 citizen complaints. I got this with out even trying. if you just keep building and improving things, the citizens will get their issues solved and you will get the trophy.

There is also this site here that our local Rabbid found that this would have been impossible without
http://translate.goo...hing4.0w0v.com/

-------------------
Basic Strategy
The first thing that you have to do is play through the tutorial. it will show you how to do everything. here are the hints to tell you what the buttons do
:triangle pulls up the menu for build
:circle is the confirm
:cross is the cancel
:square doesn't do anything that i can tell
L3 Changes view
L1/R1 Rotate
L2/R2 zoom

When you start what you want to do is set up a grid of the 4 lane roads, run them right to the edge of the land you have available. 4 Lane roads are the only ones that can pass under bridges and are necessary to set up bus routes. bus stops can not be place on 2 lane roads. Do not screw up like i did and make it all 2 lane roads the first time.

After that start placing buildings like you would with sim city. When you place them make sure they are facing a road. there is an arrow at the top that needs to be pointed at a road. use :triangle to rotate it as necessary. Start building out and pay attention to your missions

Missions
Mission #1 = Get a population of 200
Mission #2 = Get a population of 500
Mission #3 = Get a population of 800
Mission #4 = get a population of 1200
Mission #5 = get a population of 2,000
Mission #6 = get a population of 3,000
Last gold trophy = get a population of 5,000

For the first 5 missions extra things become available. When that happens you want to start using them. ESPECIALLY THE BUSES. i think that it would be impossible to finish this game without the use of public transportation. I tried to set up the monorail and that didn't go so well. You want to set up the buses.

Also, as you progress more of the area will become "unlocked". What you want to do is take the 4 lane roads that you brought up to your borders and extend them into the new territory and continue the pattern of extending and making a grid like you did before.

Getting extra buildings

At the end of each "day" you will get an accounting of the day. how much revenue you get (usually around 10,000) and how many things you built. here is the table
level Number Build needed
One Five
Two Five
Three Ten
Four Ten
Five Ten
Six 15
Seven 15
Eight 15
Nine 20
Ten 20
11 20
12 25
13 25
14 25
15 30
16 30
17 30
18 35
19 35
20 35
21 40
22 40
23 40
24 45
25 45
26 45
27 50
28 60
29 70
30 80
31 90
32 100

So in day one you build five things. That means you go up a level and get to pick a new building. The new buildings are the 7-11's, T.G.I. Friday's etc that you get bronze trophies for. the catch is that you can only move up one level per day. Even if you build 30 things on day one, you move up one level. so the other 25 are "wasted" they do not carry over.
----------------------
These are the building specific trophies. pay attention as you pick what building to make sure you don't already have it (if you're on your second game or something. if you play to the max level, 32 you will get them all because you'll run out of choices)

The Cumulative Trophies
Building 100 housing units
Building 100 office units
Building 100 life (shopping) units
Building 100 plant (factory) units
Building 100 restaurants
Building 100 hobbies/entertainment
Build 100 of the public buildings
Build at least 10K in roads

These are cumulative. You need 100 of each at the same time. When you are done, you can rubber-band the circle down on a turbo controller. this will just let your money keep going up and up. the most you will need is about 400,000 to get industry up to 100.
When it comes down to just these trophies, save your game. Then just start building the cheapest of what ever you need up to 100. Then after the trophy goes, reload the old save and repeat. For public spam the park, for Hobbies spam the arcade. Odds are you're going to have the other ones. (except factory, just find the cheapest one)
-----------------
and finally......... the trophy we've all been waiting for

PURE PLATINUM

This post has been promoted to an article

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#2 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7020 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Other Items Of Note For The Game:

You only get one sea port and one airport. Save up and get them in as soon as you can.

I see wild fluctuations in population over very short amounts of time. After my population hit 3,000 it dipped almost immediately to 2,200. Now as I am playing I see if going as high as 4,100 and as low as 2,600 in a given day. After watching this more in the effort to get to 5,000 there are certain "trends" during the day. It is lowest to start the day, then doesn't really move until about 9am. Then it will steadily go up untill about 4pm. Then will stay steady until about 7pm. from then until midnight (you get your totals for the day). After that it drops by about 25% to start the day over again.

For the population goals all you need to do is hit it once. After you hit 500, all of the stuff stays unlocked, even if you dip below it immediately.

When building neighborhoods and business districts, be sure to mix up your categories of buildings. put stores, entertainment, restaurants, and government (schools/parks) around the neighborhoods.

Roads don't seem to cost anything. You can build all the 4 lane, 2 lane, and sidewalks you want. The roads are not going to cost you anything to make or maintain. look at the pictures below, you can see how i set up the 4 lane roads in a pattern, then use the 2 land roads to go between those. only 4 land roads can go under the central train, so make a good grid pattern all arcoss your area

When you set the bus station, you also need to set their routes. You will see a 4 part square. If it is red, you can not place a stop there. If it is yellow you can. If it is yellow with a red "X" over the location, you are in the right place move the circle to a different quadrant and you are set.

Something else that I noticed is that the bigger buildings don't seem to accomplish anything. The large office buildings (the ones with the 100+ people possible in them) and the large apartment buildings (anything larger than 36) never seem to fill up. I used the as soon as i could and more often than not they stayed blue and never filled up. Also, when working on getting up to 5,000 people, make lots of neighborhoods with the small houses and the sidewalk (smallest road) in between them.

For those of you guys with 2 PS3's this will be even easier. After midnight you get your "report" and the days goes on. Right after I got the money I did all of my building for the day and then basically just sat around and watched the rest of the "day". So you guys can run the game, play like 5 minutes and come back to it later.

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#3 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7020 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

1.jpg

This is an over head view of the neighborhoods you want to build to grow the population. small roads in between with 4 lane roads on the outside

2.jpg

Same picture as above with a different angle

3.jpg

Sea Port with a factory

4.jpg

Another neighborhood. Be sure to put stores, restaurants and entertainment in with the houses

5.jpg

on the left are the biggest housing units you want to build. These will fill up (max of 24 i believe). and on the other side of the street are more of the single family neighborhoods

6.jpg

Schools and office buildings. These are the biggest office buildings you want to make. Additionally be sure to build lots of schools.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#4 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7020 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

ok...................

give me some comments and see what can be clarified and how it looks so far

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#5 fluffy-rabbid

fluffy-rabbid

The Dark One

• Site Owner
  • 9681 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • PSN ID:fluffy-rabbid
  • Feedback Score:233

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Glad links are helping you looks good so far, im sure once you done you can add in other bits and maybe some pictures ( maybe add a steps process in so step 1 .... etc)

fggIp3V.png

#6 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7020 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Glad links are helping you looks good so far, im sure once you done you can add in other bits and maybe some pictures ( maybe add a steps process in so step 1 .... etc)

i may take some actual screen shots so that things will be a bit clearer. i can fine tune after this platinum is done

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#7 fluffy-rabbid

fluffy-rabbid

The Dark One

• Site Owner
  • 9681 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • PSN ID:fluffy-rabbid
  • Feedback Score:233

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

Yeah :) , Iv still got some of the pictures you sent me if you need

fggIp3V.png

#8 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7020 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

AND ....................................

PLATINUM #135................

It would have been a whole lot faster if i didn't have to start over 3 times. And knew that the large buildings seemed to be pretty worthless

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#9 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27349 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:607

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

This took me a while to figure out so I thought I would post it to help others.

If you want to save press :triangle to bring up the menu

Then at the bottom the 2nd option and 3rd option over is the load/save buttons. The arrow going down is to save, the arrow going up is to load.

#10 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27349 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

LOL i was almost worried about solving 100 issues. I left the game running while I went to work and had the trophy. I guess doing nothing solves alot :)

#11 The-Captain-388

The-Captain-388

Completionist

• Elite Premium
  • 7872 posts
  • LocationO-Town, Florida, USA
  • PSN ID:The-Captain-388
  • Feedback Score:280

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

LOL i was almost worried about solving 100 issues. I left the game running while I went to work and had the trophy. I guess doing nothing solves alot :)

Nice! Did you keep earning money??

The-Captain-388.png

#12 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27349 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

I had about 10,000 when I left and when I came back I think I had 900,000

#13 The-Captain-388

The-Captain-388

Completionist

• Elite Premium
  • 7872 posts
  • LocationO-Town, Florida, USA
  • PSN ID:The-Captain-388
  • Feedback Score:280

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

I had about 10,000 when I left and when I came back I think I had 900,000

LMAO! Nice... Can't wait to see what you can do with that now. :)

The-Captain-388.png

#14 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7020 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

that's the one that i was worried about too and the same thing happened to me. i came back and i had it

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#15 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27349 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

Is there a decent strategy for building population fast? It just seems like it goes up so slow and I am having trouble getting some buildings filled up. I even tried to go smaller but still I have areas that are just never filling up

#16 MainComptonese

MainComptonese

Gold Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2776 posts
  • LocationAkiba Strip
  • PSN ID:MainComptonese
  • Feedback Score:152

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Nice looking guide, Raiden. I might pick this up down the road. Though, the trophy icons look pretty sweet, too.

#17 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7020 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

Nice looking guide, Raiden. I might pick this up down the road. Though, the trophy icons look pretty sweet, too.

doen'st everyone want a TGI friday's trophy ?

Posted Image

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#18 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27349 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

If I cannot figure this out someone else can do this and post up a strategy. I feel like there is no way I will ever get to the 5000 population. I am struggling just to get to the necessary levels to unlock more areas. I have the whole top area unlocked and now the right hand side and I need a 1200 population to unlock more and I only have 800-900. I will have certain areas half fucking dead and I cannot figure out why.

I will give this until my vacation for Friday, but if I cannot figure it out by then I am allset.

#19 Lord_Raiden

Lord_Raiden

Platinum Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 7020 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

do the bus routes, build industry ofices and houses. stay with the 4 houses on the left. the one that houses like 21 people is ok too. and stay away from the huge houses.

put bus routes so people can get off.

also don't forget entertainment. that was what i kept forgetting

Lord_Raiden.png

lord_raiden.png

#20 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 27349 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

I have been putting in a mix of everything but still not much luck. For the most part, I am using the houses that only hold 2-4 people which are the 4 to the left.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trophy Guide, Machi-ing 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users