Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 1427 posts
  • LocationCoventry, England
  • PSN ID:Rorylfc
  • Feedback Score:110

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

I have one trophy left for the plat and that is to finish the game on Nightmare Difficulty...

I have had no problems so far, but now level 4.3 is kicking my arse... I know I will get through it with persistence, but before I try I had an idea, which I thought I would see if anyone else who has platted this has tried.

Is it possible to play nightmare difficulty by just playing the first level and then quitting to the main menu and then skipping ahead to the final chapter and then completing that on Nightmare? Has anyone tried this?

#2 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts
  • LocationHaslemere, Surrey, England.
  • PSN ID:interyernan1978
  • Feedback Score:159

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Doesn't work mate, sorry. Each level keeps a record of the difficulty you've completed it on.

This is how i did 4.3:

Make your way to the boss but don't use your weapons. Spam the fire O attack a couple of time around the enemies and then turn it off. This will mean you get to the boss with 2 axes and a double handed sword.

For the first part of the boss fight which is normal mode, run right into the middle of everyone and hit fire O again and again, turning it on and off when needed to clear out the other gits and leaving just the boss and maybe one or two others. Whilst they're flapping around on fire hit the boss with the two axes combo and munt the crap out of him with fire mode on. It won't take long to get the cut scene.

For the second part when you are in fire mode do exactly the same. Clear all the other guys with fire O attack and as they are flailing about make sure you start you attack against the boss with the two handed sword and you're first strike is on his back. do this combo :square :square :square :square :triangle :triangle :triangle and it will leave him dazed and unable to counter or block you and then just keep hitting the same combo over and over until the FMV kicks in. Hopefully your partner won't be a complete cock and will keep the others away from you but if you do this quick enough and clear out the other enemies surrounding the boss you should be fine.

Posted Image

#3 Rorylfc

Rorylfc

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 1427 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Simon you are a diamond...

I have been struggling to get near the boss as I keep going in all guns (weapons) blazing... I never thought about using the O attack....

another question for you... Chapter 5... I gave it a go last night, but did not get far... Is it best to let the AI advance and you hold back picking off who you can, or is there an easier way?

#4 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

You need to take the lead, With every attack flick fire on until the death FMV then flick it off to regenerate. At every moment of quiet time hit L2 and Triangle to restore your health. Just keep going forward and a steady pace, there are plenty of enemies dropping weapons so that shouldn't be a problem. When you get to the courtyard Martin says you don't need to go through the gates where all the enemies are you can just hit them with a couple of ranged fire attacks and then wait for it to regenerate. Personally i stormed right in and went to the back, the group splits and most of them go to your partner leaving you with two or three guys and then a stream come away from your partner as you start killing them off. In the actual church its a joke! Clear the area using fire O again weapons when people get close and the fire O attack actually hits the target in the middle of the room anyway and the battle can be done in less than a minute.

Posted Image

#5 Rorylfc

Rorylfc

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 1427 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

Cool thanks Simon... Will get onto this later today... :)

#6 Rorylfc

Rorylfc

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 1427 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

Simon,

Thank you so much for the tips... I managed to finish Nightmare mode tonight and get the plat... I was ready to give up for a bit...

Now I can start on the EU version.... :)

#7 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Well done mate, EU version and then the joys of the Korean one!

Posted Image

#8 Rorylfc

Rorylfc

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 1427 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

Well the EU version is being delivered by LoveFilm and then I will try to get my hands on a copy of the Korean version... It does worry me though when you say "the joys of".... What do you mean by that??

#9 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

Playthrough 1: Its new, its okay.
Playthorugh 2: Nightmare was annoying in places.

Playthorugh 3: Yeah baby i can bust this out
Playthorugh 4: Hmmm i don't remember 4.3 being that hard before

Playthrough 5: FFS
Playthrough 6: Ahh come on hurry up it didn't take this fucking long last time did it!

Posted Image

#10 Rorylfc

Rorylfc

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 1427 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

PMSL... That there is some funny shit... But yeah I understand what you mean... I aim to play the EU version and then take a break before I play the Korean one....

Is this game anything similar to Shadows of the Damned?

#11 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 28625 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:612

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

LOL. Not sure how similiar it is, but those funny comments he made will get recycled into Shadows of the Damned. 3 stackables and 3 playthroughs equal 9 fun ass playthroughs of the game

#12 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Shadows of the damed is more like Resident Evil 5 cos its done by the same team. Guns and Fun and 9 playthorughs for 3 Plats. Best space them out a bit and the playthrough time is a little longer. Nothing hard about them either as there is a glitch to spawn upgrade gems which you can use on Hard mode. Obviously LoveFilm can sort you out with a UK version of it, not sure who'll have a Yank version but i know where you might be able to source a Jp version if you decide you want to go for it.

Posted Image

#13 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

In Shadows your gun is called Johnson and this is his rap - take this as an indicator of what the game is like:

Posted Image

#14 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 28625 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

Its amazing how funny shit is the 1st time, and how much you want to stab it the 9th time.

#15 Cars123456789

Cars123456789

• Standard Members
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk
  • PSN ID:cars123456789
  • Feedback Score:33

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

also in chap 5 in c.c u can use the magic to fire the long fire shot and take out all the guys without having to fight them at all.
Posted Image

#16 kewlguitarist

kewlguitarist

Bronze Poster

• Standard Members
  • 530 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • PSN ID:kewlguitarist

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Literally that level on CC is the only level on Nightmare I had issues with. All I can say is when in the 2nd phase of the boss battle use your arrows. 10-15 arrows into the boss will severely weaken him and then you can go in and hit him up close to finish him off. Only tough part in the entire game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 28625 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

I saw the tutorial for :l2 and :triangle but everytime I try it use it, it does nothing?

#18 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

You have to be standing next to your partner and have enough red in the health bar for it to work.

Posted Image

#19 kewlguitarist

kewlguitarist

Bronze Poster

• Standard Members
  • 530 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • PSN ID:kewlguitarist

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Plus occasionally it just doesn't bloody do it lol. You have to be right next to him and hope he doesn't ignore you :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 interyernan1978

interyernan1978

Silver Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Plus occasionally it just doesn't bloody do it lol. You have to be right next to him and hope he doesn't ignore you :D

lol, yeah that too. And get used to weapons magically disappearing into the ether and the floor the moment you are about to pick them up - that was always good fun!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users