• 29223 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:615

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

Posted Image
Overview
+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 7/10 (3/10 doing campaign with a partner)
+ Offline: 23 (1 :plat 3 :gold 7 :silver 12 :bronze )
+ Online: 14 (1 :gold 7 :silver 6 :bronze )
+ Approximate time: 15 Hours
+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
+ Missable trophies: None
+ Glitched trophies: Be My Wingman, Throwback
+ Cheats: None

STEP 1)

Complete Campaign mode on hard mode. There are a few tricky spots, but nothing too difficult. If you are having problems, I highly recommend playing in Co-op Mode. The best part of Coop mode is if you die, you will respawn in 20-25 seconds as long as your partner is alive thus making the mode much easier.

I tried doing the campaign and it is incredibly hard. For the most part, the game is extremely friendly with checkpoints but the problem is when you reach the few sections of the game where it is unfriendly. Even in the F-22 Raptor, its easy to go down in seconds if you fly over an AA gun on accident in the middle of a dogfight.

STEP 2)

Mop up. Now go ahead and mopup any offline trophies that you still need to complete. Chances are you will probably still need 50 cannon kills and others so go ahead and take the time to chapter select and get these trophies. Look under each specific trophy for hints on the best way to get it.

STEP 3)

Now that you have Offline completed, you can go online to complete the necessary trophies. The host can kick people as well so its really easy to complete these steps. Only one time do you need to set the score at 50 (10 kills) to get 10 in a row without dying. Once both parties have this trophy, you can set the time and kills to a minimum.

You will need to win 5 games at each of the following game types:
Dogfight
Team Dogfight
Rabbit Hole
Base Assault

STEP 4

The last and hardest step of the game is completing the few multiplayer campaign trophies that are left. Two trophies involving you completing a game as the host and as the client (non-host) so both those trophies will be easy to get. The hardest trophy of the game is Be My Wingman. You will need to shoot down a plane that is locked on your teammate. Sounds easy right.....well its not. Apparently there might be a glitch with this trophy but me and Lange found a workaround and once Lange got the trophy I got it within minutes.

This post has been promoted to an article

#2 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 29223 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

OFFLINE TROPHIES

STORYLINE TROPHIES

Man_on_a_Mission.jpg Man on a Mission :bronze
Complete a mission in Campaign Mode (Singleplayer or Co-op)

This is a storyline trophy and will be unlocked automatically.

I_Am_Dangerous.jpg I Am Dangerous :bronze
kill 50 enemy units in Campaign mode (Singleplayer or Co-op)

See Missile Jockey...

Missile_Jockey.jpg Missile Jockey :bronze
kill 250 enemy units in Campaign mode (Singleplayer or Co-op)

This is a storyline trophy and will be unlocked automatically. If you are doing this solo, this will be impossible to miss while if you do co-op there is only barely a chance of missing this if you partner is 10X better than you. If for some reason you do not get this trophy, chapter select your favorite mission and start killing shit.

Transmission_Ends.jpg Transmission Ends :silver
Kill Chairman Borzai (Singleplayer or Co-op)

5th_Generation.jpg 5th Generation :bronze
Unlock the F-22 Raptor in Campaign Mode (Singleplayer or Co-op)

Aerial_Photographer.jpg Aerial Photographer :gold
Locate Jedhi Borzai (Singleplayer or Co-op)

Stain_Removal.jpg Stain Removal :gold
Kill General Demichvia (Singleplayer or Co-op)

This is a storyline trophy and will be unlocked automitcally.

Easy_Rider.jpg Easy Rider :bronze
Complete Campaign mode on Easy Difficulty or higher (Singleplayer or Co-op)

See Hardcore...

Normality.jpg Normality :silver
Complete Campaign mode on Normal Difficulty or higher (Singleplayer or Co-op)

See Hardcore...

Hardcore.jpg Hardcore :gold
Complete Campaign mode on Hard Difficulty or higher (Singleplayer or Co-op)

If you plan on doing this solo, this game becomes a ton harder. The main reason it is harder is once you die you restart from the last checkpoint. Now the game is very friendly with checkpoints with most of them coming after an objective. So most of the time you can muscle your way through and complete the objective. Then if you die, you restart at the point you complete the objective with full health. The problem is the last few missions have some unfriendly checkpoints so you will have to use what you learned.

The F-22 Raptor is one of the best planes in the game so I highly recommend using that plane for the rest of the game once it is unlocked. The F-22 has superior Armor and has deadly missiles. The Wyrm missile is an excellent ground missile that will even go over mountains or any object in its path. While the regular missiles are allright, the swarm missiles can target multiple enemies.

If you want to make this game easier, you can play co-op with a friend. The biggest difference in the game is when you die. When someone dies, you will respawn in 20-25 seconds so as long as your partner stays alive, you will continue the mission. When you get near the end of the game, make sure to strategize your health and deaths. If you have no health and you are in a relatively safe spot in the mission, crash and start the respawn process to get a full bar of health.

Advanced_Strike_Pilot.jpg Advanced Strike Pilot :plat
Collect all other trophies in the game

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE PLATINUM :)

MISC. TROPHIES

Bombs_Away.jpg Bombs Away :bronze
Successfully bomb a target in Campaign Mode (Singleplayer or Co-op)

See Bombardier...

Bombardier.jpg Bombardier :bronze
Destroy a target with a bomb dropped from higher than 100m (Singleplayer or Co-op)

The bombs are the freefall bombs that do not have any guidance whatsoever. If you look VERY CAREFULLY, you should notice a faint black transparent circle on the ground. This is where your bomb will land when you drop it at that point. When the circle turns red, it will hit the target. So make sure you are high enough before you do this to get the trophy.

I honestly got this trophy on my first bombing in the 1st mission. I didn't even look at the trophies so in all honestly you will probably get this during your campaign assuming you are using freefall bombs.

Master_of_Evasion.jpg Master of Evasion :bronze
Evade 10 missiles with countermeasures in Campaign Mode (Singleplayer or Co-op)

The :square button is your countermeasures. Use this when you see the incoming message and you can see the radar tracking missiles. I unlocked this very early in Campaign Mode and I am sure you will as well. You should be using this at all times anyway during the Hard Campaign, so even after the trophy you should still use it.

Vectored_Thrust.jpg Vectored Thrust :bronze
Perform a vectored thrust in Campaign Mode (Singleplayer or Co-op)

To perform a vectored thrust, you must use the :l2 and :r2 together. You will know you are doing this right because your plan will be able to turn extremely fast. Not every plane can do this though since this is advanced technology. The F-22 Raptor has the ability to do a vectored thrust and since you will be using the plane alot near the end of the game, just get the trophy at that point.

Underneath_the_Radar.jpg Underneath the Radar :bronze
Destroy a radar station without being detected (Singleplayer or Co-op)

This trophy is a little difficult on hard mode so I recommend doing this on easy. You will have about 4 to 5 attempts on hard mode so if you get the trophy go you :) If you do not get this trophy doing easy mode mission 3 is the easiest way for the trophy. Your first objective is to destroy the radar station so keep low and fire your wyrm missiles on your F-22 Raptor.

To get this trophy, you have to be in the green at all times. If it goes yellow, orange, or red then you will fail the trophy. Also, if doing this on co-op, the person that actually destroys the radar station will get the trophy while the other person will get nothing.

Weapons_Hot.jpg Weapons Hot :bronze
Destroy an enemy aircraft with your cannons in Campaign Mode (Singleplayer or Co-op)

See Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter.jpg Sharpshooter Hot :silver
Destroy 50 enemy planes with your cannons in Campaign Mode (Singleplayer or Co-op)

Defeat 50 enemies with your cannons :cross and you will get the trophy. If you are having trouble with getting gun kills, the last mission has a very easy spot to farm this. When you reach the 3rd objective, you should notice a runway where two planes will respawn every 20-30 seconds. They spend about 10-20 seconds on the runaway before they launch giving you an easy target to get 2 kills on. Keep repeating for the trophy.

As an FYI, you can die and restart last checkpoint and keep doing this and get the trophy.

Throwback.jpg Throwback :bronze
Complete a mission using only cannons in Campaign Mode (Singleplayer or Co-op)

Use your cannons :cross only to get this trophy. Setting the game at mission 1 on easy mode will make this trophy a really simple task.

There is a glitch with this trophy, only the host can get the trophy. So if you are playing co-op, both players will not get the trophy even if you are both using guns.

Who_Needs_Brakes.jpg Who needs Brakes? :silver
Complete a Campaign mission while full speed for 90% of the mission (Singleplayer or Co-op)

Make sure you are holding :r2 at all times to go at full speed. I got this trophy on mission 1 during my hard playthrough so it should not be that difficult to get.

Without_a_Scratch.jpg Without a Scratch :silver
Complete a Campaign mission without taking any damage (Singleplayer or Co-op)

Play Mission 1 on easy mode for the best path for the trophy. On easy mode, the airplanes will rarely fire on you so just be careful and take your time. If they do fire hit :square and manuever to dodge the enemy fire.

If you do this with 2 players, BOTH OF YOU, will need to take no damage for the trophy. If one person takes no damage while the other takes damage, neither will get the trophy.

Master_of_Arms.jpg Master of Arms :silver
Destroy 3 enemy planes within 10 seconds in Campaign Mode (Singleplayer or Co-op)

I got this trophy naturally on my hard playthrough so its not as hard as you would think it is. The best time to get this trophy is in a nice sized dogfight and having 2 sets of air missiles possibly Swarm missiles. Make sure to fire your missiles and change quickly to the other set to take down more enemies.

If you are having trouble, replay one of the last few missions and set it on easy mode. The planes will go down much quicker giving you an easy trophy.

Straight_Shooter.jpg Straight Shooter :silver
Destroy an enemy plane with rockets (Singleplayer or Co-op)

The rockets are the Manticore missiles which generally come loaded with 10. They are unguided so this trophy will provide some difficulty. That is difficult if you do not read this guide :)

The last mission has a very easy spot to farm this. When you reach the 3rd objective, you should notice a runway where two planes will respawn every 20-30 seconds. They spend about 10-20 seconds on the runaway before they launch giving you an easy target to fire upon.

#3 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 29223 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

ONLINE TROPHIES

MULTIPLAYER TROPHIES

Posted Image Bite Marks :bronze
Destory an enemy in any match in Multiplayer Mode

See Oscar Mike Golf...

Posted Image Air Superiority :silver
Destroy 5 enemies without dying in a single match in Multiplayer Mode

See Oscar Mike Golf...

Posted Image Oscar Mike Golf :gold
Destroy 10 enemies without dying in a single match in Multiplayer Mode

Play a dogfight match and set the score limit to 50 which is the equivilant of 10 kills. Let someone get all 10 kills to get all 3 trophies.

Once you get this trophy you can set all the matches to the lowest possible setting.

Posted Image Survivor :bronze
Win a Base Assault match in Multiplayer Mode

See White Rabbit...

Posted Image Flying Solo :bronze
Win a Dogfight match in Multiplayer Mode

See White Rabbit...

Posted Image Comrades in Arms :bronze
Win a Team Dogfight match in Multiplayer Mode

See White Rabbit...

Posted Image Down the Rabbit Hole :bronze
Win a Rabbit match in Multiplayer Mode

See White Rabbit...

Posted Image Team Guy :silver
Win 5 Team Dogfight matches in Multiplayer

See White Rabbit...

Posted Image Grim Reaper :silver
Win 5 Dogfight matches in Multiplayer

See White Rabbit...

Posted Image Eliminator :silver
Win 5 Base Assault matches in Multiplayer

See White Rabbit...

Posted Image White Rabbit :silver
Win 5 Rabbit matches in Multiplayer

In multiplayer, you need to win 5 Dogfight, Team Dogfight, Base Assault, and Rabbit matches for a total of 8 trophies. You will get one trophy for your first win and a second trophy for your 5th win. Below are the optimal settings for each match to ensure the fastest finish.

Dogfight - Set Score limit to 5 so 1 kill wins the match
Team Dogfight - Set Score limit to 5 so 1 kill wins the match
Base Assault - Set the time limit to 5 minutes. The quickiest you can win is about 3 minutes and you really have to work for it so you are better off just chilling for 5 minutes and the player that loses crashes after the time expires.
Rabbit Matches - Set the time limit to 2 minutes and 20 points. You get 1 point for being the rabbit every few seconds and you also get 4 points for shooting down a plane from the other team.

CAMPAIGN MULTIPLAYER TROPHIES

Posted Image Teamblitz :silver
Complete a Co-Op Campaign mission as a client

Finish a mission with someone else being the host. Doing mission 1 on easy mode is the fastest mission.

Posted Image Blitzkrieg :silver
Complete a Co-Op Campaign mission as a host with one or more team mates

Finish a mission with you being the host. Doing mission 1 on easy mode is the fastest mission.

Posted Image Be My Wingman :bronze
Destroy an enemy aircraft that has a lock on a team mate in Co-Op Campaign Mode.

Ah the trophy that got me to swear countless times and spent hours on. FIrst of all this trophy is glitched. Lange and I attempted this trophy so many times and never got it even though we knew the other person was locked. We tried something different and we got the trophy. I am 99% sure that you cannot get this trophy using missiles, you have to use your cannons. Impossible right, not with this guide :)

The last mission has a very easy spot to pull this off to the point its almost foolproof. When you reach the 3rd objective, you should notice a runway where two planes will respawn every 20-30 seconds. They spend about 10-20 seconds on the runaway before they launch and these will be your targets. What you need to do is have both parties fly around the area and when they come out take them both down with the :cross button. If you are lucky you should get the trophy since they will lock onto both of you but cannot fire since they are on the runway. You might get unlucky if they lock on to you, but it is just a matter of time before you get this.

And viola, the hardest trophy in the game is now somewhat manageable

#4 mattybell2117

mattybell2117

Bellimus Prime

• Standard Members
  • 3651 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • PSN ID:mattybell2117
  • Feedback Score:110

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Damn, 7/10 to 3/10? I gotta make sure I get a partner. Was the game at least enjoyable?
Posted Image

#5 QuantumMercury

QuantumMercury

Bronze Poster

• Standard Members
  • 955 posts
  • Feedback Score:41

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Damn, 7/10 to 3/10? I gotta make sure I get a partner. Was the game at least enjoyable?

Matty me and you let's do it lol

#6 Lange

Lange

Bronze Poster

• Banned
  • 985 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • PSN ID:LANGEFLAP-NL
  • Feedback Score:55

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

It is enjoyable, but hard mode has some stupid points where you got overwelmed with enemie planes, but when reloading checkpoint you know that and get them out of the air really quick.
I gave it a 4/10 for the fucking wingman
SCAMMER. BEWARE

#7 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 29223 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Me and Lange had a ball with this game so it was fun. We did the whole game as co-op and we only ran into a few frustrating moments. I like flying games and I enjoyed it. There were a few things that were sluggish but overall an easy platinum.

But yeah without a partner will be difficult on the last few missions. Since you need a partner to do multiplayer trophies, you might as well do the campaign together as well. I did the last few missions solo and I did not notice fewer enemies so you can play with as many people as you want.

@ Lange Hell yeah. Be My Wingman was by far the hardest trophy to do since it is glitched. But since we figured out a nice strategy, I believe we will make this alot easier for others so this will not be their hardest.

#8 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 29223 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

Guide Complete :)

#9 mattybell2117

mattybell2117

Bellimus Prime

• Standard Members
  • 3651 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

For Underneath the Radar, do you have to finish the mission to get the trophy? I've done it at least 8 times now, on both Sever the Artery and Chemical Hit and haven't gotten the trophy.
Posted Image

#10 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 29223 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

What mission is #3?

You do not have to finish the mission.

#11 mattybell2117

mattybell2117

Bellimus Prime

• Standard Members
  • 3651 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

What mission is #3?

You do not have to finish the mission.

Wtf? Lightning fast response lol.

Mission 3 is Sever the Artery. The x360a guide says two other missions, one of which is Chemical Hit. My green bar at the top doesn't even waver at all much less change colours. Maybe I have to take out all the surrounding SAM turrets too? I have no idea.
Posted Image

#12 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 29223 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

I didn't really have any issues with it. Use a wyrm missile from far away. Make sure once you fire it start going slower so you don't reach it too fast.

#13 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 29223 posts
  • LocationUnited States

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

and the xbox site looks like a carbon copy of my guide, more or less :)

#14 shoe478

shoe478

Platinum Poster

• Elite Premium
  • 5114 posts
  • LocationUS
  • PSN ID:shoe478
  • Feedback Score:152

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

You might be glitched Matty. I swear I did the Who needs brakes? trophy correctly several times but I finally had to back up my save data, delete it and play the first mission over again. Got it on the first try that time.
Posted Image

#15 mattybell2117

mattybell2117

Bellimus Prime

• Standard Members
  • 3651 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

K I'll try that shoe. Unfortunately there's no game data to delete which kinda sucks so I guess I'll have the save data thing.

EDIT: Thanks for the advice shoe, worked perfectly.
Posted Image

#16 Spaznets

Spaznets

• Standard Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:THE_TOMMYNATOR

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

does anyone still read this?.............. because if anyone does can they please help me with the multiplayer trophies?

#17 mattybell2117

mattybell2117

Bellimus Prime

• Standard Members
  • 3651 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

does anyone still read this?.............. because if anyone does can they please help me with the multiplayer trophies?

People still read this but I doubt you'll have much luck finding anyone to do the online with. Most people on the site who need the online trophies have already done them.
Posted Image

#18 Spaznets

Spaznets

• Standard Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:THE_TOMMYNATOR

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

it's rare to find anyone playing online and when they do the host kicks me :( not to mention the co-op.
well, if anyone will help me just let me know :/

#19 MINIRACIZ

MINIRACIZ

Platinum Poster

• Standard Members
  • 6682 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Feedback Score:155

User's Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

Trophy images added.

#20 Roughdawg4