• LocationUSA
  • PSN ID:Cauchy-Schwarz
  • Feedback Score:90

User's Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Posted Image

Overview
  • Estimate difficulty: 4/10.
  • Estimated time to platinum: 10-15 hours.
  • Minimum number of play-throughs needed: 1.
  • Trophy breakdown: 48 (36 Posted Image, 8 Posted Image, 3 Posted Image, 1 Posted Image).
    • Offline: All.
    • Online: None.
  • Missable trophies: None.
  • Glitched trophies: None.
  • Does difficulty affect trophies? Yes.
  • Do cheats disable trophies? Not applicable.
  • Special hardware required for platinum? Two microphones.
Road Map

Introduction: Click here for a wikipedia article containing a brief synopsis. For my take on this game, click here.

Step 1: Finish all the Vocal Coach lessons with a Superstar rating. This is the actual requirement of the “Singing Star” trophy. And as such, you will unlock that and all the other trophies associated to it. Moreover, by completing these lessons you’ll know exactly what this game is going to throw at you, and so, you’ll be better prepared for what’s to come.

Step 2: Unlock the “Solo Success”, “Bonus Expert”, and “Bling” trophies. You’ll be able to unlock all three in one fell swoop. Read the trophy descriptions for each to get more details. While working towards these trophies, you will unlock a lot of other trophies.

Step 3: Mop up. Look over your remaining trophies and plan your actions accordingly. I recommend knocking out the “Justin’s World” and “Rock Star” trophies as soon as possible, since everything will seem much easier with them out of the way. There are two grind trophies that you should do last because you’ll be chipping away at them by going for the other trophies. These are the “Supermassive Star” and “Jackpot” trophies.

Trophy Guide

Posted Image Vocal Score Posted Image
Complete the Scoring Tips lesson with at least a silver cup.

See the “Singing Star” trophy.

Posted Image Vocal Power Posted Image
Complete all Power Singing lessons with at least a gold cup.

Posted Image Riffin' Star Posted Image
Complete all Riffing lessons with a Superstar rating.

Posted Image Singing Star Posted Image
Get a Superstar rating for all lessons in Vocal Coach.

I recommend going for this trophy and the associated ones first. This way you will get an idea of how the game works. To get a Superstar rating, you need to get 10,000 points for the lesson. If you do the lesson perfectly, you’ll get roughly 13,000 points. So, with a small amount of singing talent, these trophies should pose too difficult. Also, note that the duet lessons require a second mic.

Posted Image Stylin' Success Posted Image
Hit level 5 Style in 'Already Gone'.

See the “Bonus Expert” trophy.

Posted Image Paramore Pro Posted Image
Sing both 'Paramore' songs.

Posted Image Paramore Star Posted Image
Achieve at least a 4 Star rating in both 'Paramore' songs.

Posted Image Billboard Posted Image
Get on the Score Board with 'Brick By Boring Brick'.

Posted Image The Final Jam Posted Image
Sing every 'Camp Rock 2' song.

Posted Image Rock! Posted Image
Get on the Score Board with every 'Camp Rock 2' song.

Posted Image Jonas fan Posted Image
Sing every 'Jonas Brothers' song.

Posted Image Chart Hit Posted Image
Reach the top spot on the Score Board with 'Fly With Me'.

Posted Image Living the Dream Posted Image
Achieve a 5 Star rating for every 'Jonas Brothers' song.

Posted Image Baby Posted Image
Sing every 'Justin Bieber' song with at least a 3 star rating.

Posted Image Chart Topper Posted Image
Reach the top spot on the Score Board in every 'Justin Bieber' song.

Posted Image Billboard Star Posted Image
Reach the top spot on the Score Board for every song on the disc.

Posted Image Bonus Expert Posted Image
Achieve a 5 Star rating for every song on the disc.

While working towards unlocking this trophy, you will definitely unlock all of the trophies that reference it and probably a whole lot more. There’s not much to explain here, but I do have some advice:
  • Be sure to try to get gold bonuses for each of the songs, since the “Bling” trophy requires you to do this. See that trophy for more details.
  • Play on easy. Yes, there are some trophies that require you to play on hard, but you have to 3 star at least 200 songs in this game for the platinum, so there’ll be plenty of time for that.
  • As mentioned above, if you’re going for the platinum, you’ll be 3 staring at least 200 songs in this game. As such, you shouldn’t ever restart a song even if you don’t think you’re going to 5 star it. This way the song will (most likely) count towards the 200 songs.
  • Play in Solo mode. This way you can unlock the “Solo Success” trophy.
  • If for some reason you still can’t get 5 stars playing on easy, you can sing the song in Duet mode (on easy) with a friend. In Duet mode, you each score less individually, but you’re combined score is usually higher.
Posted Image Bonus Posted Image
Get a Bronze bonus in 'Fire'.

See the “Bling” trophy.

Posted Image Bonus Skill Posted Image
Get a Silver bonus in 'Paranoid'.

See the “Bling” trophy.

Posted Image Gold Status Posted Image
Get a Gold bonus in 'One Less Lonely Girl'.

See the “Bling” trophy.

Posted Image Bling Posted Image
Get a Gold bonus in every song on the disc.

While working towards unlocking this trophy, you will definitely unlock all of the trophies that reference it and probably a whole lot more. For each song, there are three special pages (stanzas). These are indicated on the song progress bar by little stars. If you sing almost perfectly during these special pages, you’ll get a special bonus, which is indicated by the star filling in. You get bronze, silver, or gold bonuses for a song depending on if you sing well for one, two, or three of these special pages, respectively. I recommend going for the “Solo Success” and “Gold Expert” trophies while you’re going for this one.

See those trophies for more details.

Posted Image Justin's World Posted Image
Achieve a 5 Star rating in the hardest difficulty for every 'Justin Bieber' song.

The bad news: this is by far the hardest trophy in the game to get. The good news: it’s not that hard to unlock with a great trick passed on Bholegood from his friend conkervertex. The trick is to play the two required songs in Duet mode with the first player’s difficulty set to hard and the second player’s difficulty set to easy. Ideally, you would have a friend to help you sing the second part, but a noisy fan will do in a pinch. Have the worse of the two singers (or the noisy fan as the case may be) on player two and the better singer on player one. Player two should be racking up a ton of points thereby making player one’s life much nicer. Of the 1,000,000 points needed to get a 5 star rating, I got roughly 350,000 in each song while the second player (playing on easy) got roughly 650,000.

Posted Image Rock Star Posted Image
Achieve a 3 Star rating in the hardest difficulty for every 'Camp Rock 2' song.

The six songs you need to sing are:
  • “Brand New Day”
  • “Can’t Back Down”
  • “Fire”
  • “Introducing Me”
  • “It’s On”
  • “Wouldn’t Change a Thing”
Oddly, the trick in the “Justin’s World” trophy doesn’t seem to work for this trophy, or at least it didn’t for me. Anyhow, since you only need to get three stars, this trophy isn’t that bad. Recall that you need 600,000 points for three stars.

Alternatively, duck360 offers the following method from his friend zero (zeroQ8):
  • Sing all of the Camp 2 songs in Duet mode with both players set to hard difficulty.
  • Replay all of the Camp 2 songs on easy (with one player) in Sing It mode (not Party mode) found on the main menu. Be sure to get 3+ stars.
Presumably, after you complete step 2, your stats from both steps will somehow "combine" and you'll get credit for singing all the Camp 2 songs with 3+ stars.

Posted Image Curvy Notes Posted Image
Sing 80% of curved notes correctly in 'Ignorance'.

Recall that curved notes occur when you transition continuously from one note to another. So, just hit 80% of these notes in ‘Ignorance’ you’re good to go. If you’re having difficulty unlocking it, play the game on easy. You can unlock this trophy in any game mode. This trophy will almost definitely unlock while you’re trying to unlock the “Bling” and/or “Bonus Expert” trophies so don’t go out of your way for it unless you’ve unlocked those already.

Posted Image Word Master Posted Image
Correctly hit 80% of the spoken words in 'It's On'.

Spoken words appear on the pages as black squares with a white note icon inside them. Just speak for 80% or more of these ‘words’ throughout the song and you’ll get the trophy. The difficulty has little effect on how easy it is to hit spoken words, but I still recommend playing on easy if you’re having trouble. This trophy will almost definitely unlock while you’re trying to unlock the “Bling” and/or “Bonus Expert” trophies so don’t go out of your way for it unless you’ve unlocked those already.

Posted Image Note Expert Posted Image
Successfully sing the longest note in 'I Wouldn't Change A Thing'.

Unfortunately, the longest note occurs at the very end of the song. It last about two and a half pages. It can be tough getting the note on higher difficulties, so I recommend playing on easy. This trophy will almost definitely unlock while you’re trying to unlock the “Bling” and/or “Bonus Expert” trophies so don’t go out of your way for it unless you’ve unlocked those already.

Posted Image That's Punk Posted Image
Apply the 'Pop Punk' theme.

I believe you unlock the ‘Pop Punk’ theme after you sing both Paramore songs, but I’m not quite certain. At any rate, once you do unlock the theme, just go to the Options menu and make it your theme. The trophy will unlock shortly thereafter.

Posted Image Performer Posted Image
Score at least 750,000 while singing 'I'm Yours' in Performance Mode.

Since you don’t have the notes pages in performance mode, I actually got this by playing on easy and holding the mic up to a noisy fan because I didn’t know the lyrics to the song. If you do know the lyrics, just play on easy and sing along and you should get the required points.

Posted Image Solo Success Posted Image
Sing every song on the disc while playing a Solo game.

This is self-explanatory, just do as the description says. Even so, I recommend going for the “Bling and “Bonus Expert” trophies simultaneously. See those trophies for more details.

Posted Image Team Up! Posted Image
Sing 'Boom Boom Pow' in a Team game.

This is self-explanatory, just do as the description says.

Posted Image Pass The Mic Posted Image
Sing 'It's Alright, It's Ok' in a Pass The Mic game and achieve a 3 star rating.

This is self-explanatory, just do as the description says. If you’re having trouble getting a 3 star rating, sing on easy.

Posted Image High Five Posted Image
Get a Gold bonus in 5 songs during a Sing Off game.

See the “Bling” trophy for a explanation of Gold bonuses. I recommend singing “Magic” five times on easy for this trophy, because it’s short and easy.

Posted Image Me To You Posted Image
Sing 'Remember December' in a Pass The Mic Game.

Posted Image Awesome Co-op Posted Image
Get 70 Awesome bonuses while playing any co-operative games.

Recall that you get an Awesome bonus by singing several consecutive pages of notes very well. This trophy is easiest to do in Duet mode playing any song you like on easy difficulty. The 70 bonuses can be spread over multiple songs and the bonuses from each of the two players all count towards the trophy. I got this trophy when going for the “Justin’s World” trophy and I recommend you do the same. See that trophy for more details.

Posted Image $1m Buddies Posted Image
Sing 'One Time' and achieve a combined score of 1,000,000 during a Duet.

I got this trophy when going for the “Justin’s World” trophy and I recommend you do the same. See that trophy for more details.

Posted Image Showdown Posted Image
Sing 'Naturally' in a Competition.

Posted Image Great Posted Image
Get 250 'Great' bonuses while playing competitively against other players.

Recall that you get an Awesome bonus by singing several consecutive pages of notes very well. The 250 Great bonuses can be spread over any competitive game modes and over any number of songs. That said, I got this trophy while going for the “Silver Winner” trophy. See that trophy for more details.

Posted Image Party Millionaire Posted Image
Score 1,000,000 or higher while singing 'Fireflies' in a Competition.

This is self-explanatory, just do as the description says. You can play on easy, if you’re having difficulty getting 1,000,000 points.

Posted Image Awesome Bonus Posted Image
Get 10 Awesome bonuses in any 5 songs.

This trophy unlocked for me very early in the game and should for you as well. While it may be technically possible to unlock the “Bonus Expert” trophy without unlocking this one, I would be astounded if you actually managed to do that.

Posted Image Z Mode Posted Image
Finish a song in every game mode.

You do not need to go out of your way for this trophy, since among the other trophies in this game you’ll have to play all the game modes. For reference, the game modes are:
  • Solo
  • Duet
  • Competitive
  • Performance (Solo or Duet)
  • Team
  • Pass the mic
  • Sing off (Requires two mics)
Posted Image Super Star Posted Image
Achieve a 5 Star rating in any 15 songs while playing in a Solo game.

If you’re following the road map, then you should unlock this trophy as you’re working on the “Bonus Expert” trophy. If not, then you’ll need to do just as the description says. You can play on easy, and also, you can play the same song over and over again. I recommend “Magic” because it’s so short and simple.

Posted Image Sing Off Posted Image
Sing 10 songs with a 5 star rating while competing in a Sing Off.

You can play the same song over and over again on easy difficulty for this trophy. I recommend “Magic” because it’s so short and simple.

Posted Image Top 5 Duo Posted Image
Win 4 stars or more in any 10 duets.

I recommend going for the “Justin’s World” trophy and following the strategy outlined there, before going for this one. Once you do that, you’ll only need at most 8 more duets with 4 or more stars, but probably less. At that point, keep playing your favourite song on easy until the trophy unlocks. I recommend “Magic” because it’s so short and simple.

Posted Image Silver Winner Posted Image
Win a silver bonus in 10 competitive Performance games.

Pick your favourite song to sing and play it 10 times on easy in Performance mode and you should unlock this trophy. I chose “magic” because it was so short and simple.

Posted Image Style Pro Posted Image
Achieve the maximum Style level in 10 songs.

It may be possible to not get this trophy when going for the “Bonus Expert” trophy, but I don’t really see that happening. Just play on easy and hit those notes.

Posted Image Supermassive Star Posted Image
Sing 200 Songs with at least 3 star rating.

This will almost definitely be the last trophy you unlock before the platinum. It is very easy to get, but is painfully boring. I started actively working towards this trophy only after I unlocked every other possible trophy the “Jackpot” trophy and the platinum. I knew that I was going to have enough points to get the “Jackpot” trophy, so I just started grinding this one. At that point, I only had 95 song with a 3 star rating or higher. And I never got below a 3 star rating, ever. Here is the most efficient way I know of to knock out this trophy:
  • Set up a Solo mode game with one song.
  • Pick “Magic” as your song.
  • Play on easy.
  • Set the mic next to a noisy source, like a buzzing fan or TV speakers.
  • When the song finishes, press :cross repeatedly. The game will automatically set up your next solo song as “Magic” on easy.
  • Repeat step 5 as necessary.
You can watch TV while you’re doing this. Just be sure to press :cross every minute and forty seconds or so, because that’s the turn-around time for the song.

One final remark, for those (like me) lucky enough to own a controller with automatic buttons, this method is particularly nice because you can just have the controller constantly pressing :cross for you, since pressing :cross has no effect on the game.

Posted Image Jackpot Posted Image
Earn 150,000,000 total points throughout the game.

This is one of two grinding trophies in the game. And, it’s actually the shorter of the two grinds. You should unlock this trophy while working on the “Supermassive Star” trophy. See that trophy for a nice way to unlock this trophy with minimal effort.

Posted Image All-Star Posted Image
Win every other award in the game.

#2 MINIRACIZ

MINIRACIZ

Platinum Poster

• Standard Members
  • 6682 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Feedback Score:155

User's Awards

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

Trophy images added.