• PSN ID:esstee11
  • Feedback Score:13

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2022 - 09:19 AM

Steps Of Doom - Trophy Guide.

maxresdefault.jpg

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10
  • Offline trophies: 6. ( :gold 2   :silver 3   :bronze 1 )
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: Under 1 hour.
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1. With some saves.
  • Number of missable trophies: Most, none if using this guide.
  • Glitched trophies: 0
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No. There is only one difficulty.
  • Do trophies stack?: No.

Introduction:

There wasn't a guide for this game on the internet so I'll make one!
Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Steps Of Doom! The debut mini art project by Souette Studio that released in December 2021. Presented in traditional hand-drawn animation, the game consists of 10 freaky various horror themed levels, the story is you are two witches trapped in a demonic survival board game, simply survive to complete the game and escape your doom!

It's a unique experimental arty experience, and I'm here for its fabulous freaky style and vibe, any lovers of the strange and unusual like me, should give this one a go  :) 
Plus I picked it up in the summer sale for about 0.90p (from its original £9.74 PSN store price). So it does go on sale if you want to keep an eye out for it.

So in the next post I'll give you a run down of how to complete each level, with some guaranteed methods I've found. Feel free to play the game blind, but its one of those games that doesn't give you any instructions so it can take some considerable time and trial and error to firstly figure out what you are supposed to do lol and secondly how best to beat it  :) But with this guide you'll be done in a snip. it takes under 15 minutes to complete all 10 levels, then just use some cloud saves to mop up the 3 death trophies, and the 3 endings. 

GJ8Dxk9.png?width=400&height=217

esstee11.png

#2 EssTee

EssTee

Gold Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 3388 posts
  • LocationUK - Brighton

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2022 - 09:19 AM

Video Full Game Walkthrough.

16 minute video showing you a no death full game walkthrough, showing you how to complete all levels using the methods detailed below. I decided to even leave in cutscenes for people to enjoy what the full game looks like   :)

Timestamps:

1:46 - Level 1

3:16 - Level 2

4:48 - Level 3

6:20 - Level 4

7:28 - Level 5

9:00 - Level 6

10:31 - Level 7

12:06 - Level 8

13:19 - Level 9

14:52 - Level 10

Written Guide.

*Keep in mind a trophy requires you to complete the full game without losing any lives, to make this easier you can make a cloud save after completing each level if you wish. 

*It is also recommended to make cloud saves to easily mop up the 3 death trophies, and the 3 endings trophies if you want to as you go, instead of doing multiple playthroughs.

*You can press TOUCHPAD to skip the cutscenes if you wish. But its more fun to watch and enjoy them of course!

Level 1:

*Lose all lives to die in Level 1 for Wrong Turn trophy.*

Jump over the dragons fireballs.
Simply press :Up: up on the D-pad to jump over the fireballs. Move a little to the left to give yourself some more space if you like. 

*For completing your first level you will get the Survived First Challenge! Trophy.*

Level 2:

Evade the ghosts fixed pattern.

First Jump over the ghost coming at you. Next stand in the middle of the screen directly under the cross in the stone, you're safe here for a while. When ginormous ghost comes from the right move to the left. When ginormous ghost comes from the left, move to the right.

Level 3:

Evade the evil robots thrown rocks.
The rocks will always go to land right on your head no matter where you stand. So stand still until he goes to throw a rock, as soon as he begins the animation to throw a rock, then run away and it will miss you. Rinse repeat.

Level 4:

Jump over the scurrying ravenous critters.

Position yourself in the middle of the screen, then simply jump up over them. Jump a little early over them so they don't nibble your ankles.

Level 5:

*Lose all lives to die in Level 5 for Times Up! Trophy.*

Evade the witch's spell.

The spell will always appear under your feet no matter where you stand. Just wait, and as soon as you see the blue spell animation begin under your feet then immediately jump UP AND TO THE SIDE  :Up:  :right only this way it will miss you. If you jump just straight up you will die.

Level 6:

Evade the skeletons grabs.

The dirt on the ground will continuously follow you, and every now and then skeleton arms pop out to try to grab you. If you're not on the dirt patch you're safe, but you just have to time right switching sides, as soon as the arms go back in the ground now run over the dirt and you will have enough time to get across it without being caught. So always stay kinda close to it. 

Level 7:

Evade the swooping cyclops birds.

Straight away run up to the very edge of the right hand side of the screen. Here you only have to worry about one bird, the far right bird. Wait here until the far right birds noise/animation begins then quickly dip to the left a bit to dodge it, then get back in position against the right of the screen. Rinse repeat.

Level 8:

Evade the falling...Oh yikes, hanged women.
First run near the middle of the screen, then when the (2nd woman to fall) far left woman falls, then quickly run back to the left edge of the screen. You're safe here now against the left side of the screen.

Level 9:

Evade the haunted church windows.

So... Straight away just go left against the left edge of the screen. You're safe here!

*When you have completed Game 9, make a cloud save so you can grab the 3 endings trophies in the next level.*

Level 10:

*Lose all lives to die in Level 10 for You've Been Played! Trophy.*

*Lose one life then complete Level 10 for the Witching Hour trophy.*

Kill the evil boss. Which is a random hat.

3 hits and the boss is dead. Press  :square to shoot. Simply go up against the left edge of the screen, tap  :right to be facing the right way, then shoot 3 times to kill it. In this spot for some reason his attacks miss you and sometimes here he doesn't even shoot at all! 

Congratulations boss defeated & game completed!

*If you have completed all levels without losing a life you will get the As Easy As 1,2, Step trophy.*

esstee11.png

#3 EssTee

EssTee

Gold Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 3388 posts
  • LocationUK - Brighton

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2022 - 09:20 AM

Trophies:

1Sb5a921.png  :bronze  Survived First Challenge!

"1 minute passed without being burned to dust Keep it up!"

This trophy unlocks when you complete your first level.

2Sbb069a.png  :silver  Wrong Turn

"Ending result when losing stage 1."

Lose all lives to die in level 1 to unlock this trophy.

3S8a9397.png  :silver  Time's Up!

"Ending result when losing stage 5."

Lose all lives to die in level 5 to unlock this trophy.

*Make a cloud save before so you can continue.*

4S2a6664.png  :silver  You've Been Played!

"Ending when losing stage 10."

Lose all lives to die in level 10 to unlock this trophy.

*Make a cloud save after you have completed level 9 to grab various ending trophies from next level.*

5S877b0c.png  :gold  Witching Hour

"Good ending when clearing all stages."

Lose one or some -but not all- lives and complete the game to unlock this trophy.

*Make a cloud save after you have completed level 9 to grab various ending trophies from next level.*

6S06d6be.png  :gold  As Easy As 1, 2, Step

"Finished game with all lives."

Complete the full game without losing any lives to unlock this trophy.

*If you wish you can make a cloud save after completing each level to make this trophy easier.*

esstee11.png

#4 EssTee

EssTee

Gold Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 3388 posts
  • LocationUK - Brighton

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2022 - 11:22 AM

Guide complete  :) 

You can post to public now if you like so people can maybe grab it while the sale is still on, I'll just add the vid a bit later  :)

Edit: Video Walkthrough added! 

esstee11.png

#5 TimPurnat

TimPurnat

• Premium Trader
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • PSN ID:timpurnat

Posted 12 August 2022 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for making the guide!!! I just saw the game on sale the other day but couldn't find any guides online :)

Posted Image
Discord: TimPurnat#8067 Twitter: @timpurnat

#6 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 32872 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:619

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2022 - 12:27 PM

Nice looking guide Ess :)

#7 EssTee

EssTee

Gold Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 3388 posts
  • LocationUK - Brighton

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2022 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for making the guide!!! I just saw the game on sale the other day but couldn't find any guides online :)

Exactly  :)  Same, I couldn't find any info or guides or anything about this game on the internet, so despite being kinda retired from making guides I just had to make this one for it  :D  Also I'd love to help bring a little more attention to these kind of cool n quirky arty games, especially if that includes letting people know they can complete them fairly easily  :)

Nice looking guide Ess :)

Thanks mate  :)

esstee11.png

#8 TimPurnat

TimPurnat

• Premium Trader
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • PSN ID:timpurnat

Posted 13 August 2022 - 05:45 AM

got the 100%, interesting game haha

I can confirm that you can use cloud saves for As Easy As 1, 2, Step trophy. I uploaded the save after each level

Posted Image
Discord: TimPurnat#8067 Twitter: @timpurnat

#9 EssTee

EssTee

Gold Poster

• Premium Trader
  • 3388 posts
  • LocationUK - Brighton

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2022 - 06:49 AM

got the 100%, interesting game haha

I can confirm that you can use cloud saves for As Easy As 1, 2, Step trophy. I uploaded the save after each level

Oh brilliant! I appreciate that confirmation thanks Tim!

It must of been me messing up a cloud save for my own run doesnt surprise me haha great I'll amend the guide with the good news

esstee11.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trophy Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users