The Gem Collector Trophy Guide.
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10
- Offline trophies: 27 ( 1 7 9 10 )
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 30 - 60 minutes.
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1.
- Number of missable trophies: None, there is level select.
- Glitched trophies: 0
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: N/A.
- Do trophies stack?: Yes NA and EU stacks.
The Gem Collector is a 2D platformer brought to us by Treefall Studios, go on a collect-a-thon adventure and simply collect everything and kill everything in the 21 levels for the majority of the trophies. Nothing is really hidden so you can happily play the game blind if you like, and refer back to this guide if you need to.
The only thing I need to bring to your attention for a trophy is this:
Be aware you cannot access the Dinglah's treasure room (for the Treasure Hoard Collected trophy) until after you have completed the final room and defeated the boss Dinglah. This is followed by the credits. So after the credits make sure to press LOAD GAME to get straight back to the room, don't accidentally press new game or you will have to play it all again! As it will overwrite your completed game!
Trophy Guide Video:
Roadmap / Helpful info:
- Simply complete the 5 worlds of the game (21 levels including bonus levels), and collect everything and kill everything in every level for most of the trophies. Nothing is really hidden, you don't need a guide or walkthrough for this part.
- When you have played a level make sure the 3 icons - The gem icon, money icon, & key icon - are lit up golden on the outside of the level door, then you know you have collected everything and can move on to the next level.
The rest below is not really necessary to read unless you really want to!
- From the title screen you do not need to play the challenge rooms from the bonus red gem tab.
- You can hold to run. Which will also help you jump further.
- Level 1-1 - Break the vases to get extra hearts, make sure to complete this level with 5 hearts for a miscellaneous trophy.
- Level 1-2 - When prompted on screen, press to switch to Jasper (the bird) and fly up and press the lever on the high ledge (unmissable) for a miscellaneous trophy. (Jasper can collect high gems too.)
- Level 1-3 - When you have climbed to the top, you have to get the key THEN quickly jump over to grab the last gem on the side ledge!
- Level 1-Bonus - Stand by the snowball pile and press to throw snowballs (they also kill enemies) for a miscellaneous trophy.
- Word 2 - Press to change to ELECTRIC ammo, when you see 2 antenna things sticking out the ground, hit them with electricity to reveal gems.
- Level 2-1 - Hit the electric box with electric ammo to open the gate (unmissable) for a miscellaneous trophy.
- Level 2-2 - Press to change to MAGIC ammo to press the buttons to open the gate. Later watch out for some MONEY to collect hiding ON TOP of some lasers.
- Level 2-Bonus - press to use MAGIC ammo to kill the orange blobby enemies!
- Level 3-1 - When you see gems hanging on little ropes, stand directly underneath one, then press to switch to the bird, fly into the rope to make the gem fall, when the gem lands on the guys head a miscellaneous trophy will unlock.
- Level 3-Bonus - Some sneaky red gems are hiding behind the cross shaped grave stones.
- World 4 - Press to switch to SUN ammo to light torches and campfires. Stand between unlit torches and hit them with sun ammo to light them to open doors, and light campfires to reveal gems.
- Level 4-1 - There is one kinda sneaky blue gem on it's own slightly hidden in the blue night sky, just to the left of where there is a whole bunch of gems in 3 rows. Remember to light the campfires for gems too! Especially the slightly sneaky campfire on the right hand side of the key at the end!
- Level 5-1 - Don't miss the pink gems in the sky, use the bird to get them.
- Level 'Final' - Dinglah boss fight. Very easy. Just jump over him or his projectiles then hit him. Hit him again when he stops flashing. Remember to still collect the 3 big gems from the 3 stages of the fight.
*Note the world 5 all collectables trophies will not unlock until after we have returned to complete the previously locked Dinglah treasure hoard level.*
- After the credits on the thank you screen - Collect the 3 big gems then collect the key for a miscellaneous trophy.
- Back at the title screen IMPORTANTLY CLICK THE MIDDLE GREEN GEM 'LOAD GAME'! - now you can play the level 'Dinglah's Treasure Hoard', for the last trophies.
This post has been promoted to an article