• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MyPlanetPS_Kyle

MyPlanetPS_Kyle

• 7 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • PSN ID:MyPlanetPS_Kyle

Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:04 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to start this discussion but I didn't see one that felt like it would be a better place. I was wondering if there was a way PS3 Imports guide writers could also include the game title as it is displayed in the Japan PSN Store, Korean PSN Store, Chinese PSN Store and any other one that has a different language. The issue is, when i click on the guide i get a translated text even if i have it set where Google wont automatically translate. Then when I try to find the game in the respective stores I cannot because its not listed by the translation but rather the Japanese, Korean, Chinese, or sometimes German texts. For example: Guides like https://bit.ly/2YxTWTIshow that the games translated name and in brackets is the store listing name in its original text. Guides like https://bit.ly/3e9fMn6 only show the translated text and if you try to find the game in the Japanese store you can't. You have to go through entire pages of PS4 or Vita games in hopes i might find a listing that has a picture like the one used in the guide. is there any way to make it mandatory to list the actual ORIGINAL game title text somewhere in the guide or even maybe a link to the PSN store listing for it? That would be very helpful. 

Thank you. Hopefully this makes sense. If you need anymore clarification I will be happy to provide it for you. 

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys and girls do. 

Charles 

#2 MyPlanetPS_Kyle

MyPlanetPS_Kyle

• 7 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:32 AM

How do you become a premium member? Is there like there is on PSNP where you can pay a fee and become a premium member? I'm looking for info on how to become one but can't find anything listed. Would love to be a part more but not sure how to go about getting that done. I also have a couple of guides written that aren't on this site and would like to post them but I also can't find where the format for guides is and where to submit them to. Any help will be appreciated.

B5GrizK.png

We want to know how many people will enter this competition, so we can plan ahead.

It would start somewhere mid June and go on depending on how many entries.

Starting from random teams, earning trophies, eliminations and challenges ...

There will be cash prizes  :o

And a Award  :teehee

(Overseers are Fluff, Dim, Gray)

Rules:

- All premiums can join.

- All juniors can join, if they have 50 posts and been active in the last month.

Who is in?

1. RD
  2. The Russian 
  3. Nitro
  4. punisher
  5. caro
  6. viddy
  7. sef
  8. midge
  9. ess
  10. snach
  11. ballin

#3 fluffy-rabbid

fluffy-rabbid

The Dark One

• Site Owner
  • 10147 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • PSN ID:fluffy-rabbid
  • Feedback Score:238

User's Awards

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:30 PM

I moved your second post to here as it was posted in the comp area. 

We try our best to include both the converted and Japanese/Other in the description, I think with older guides you might find some are unfortunately missing. With more newer guides are they are digital and more people tend to buy digital now, we try to list both best we can. If you are struggling to find anything in the store please let us know and we will do our best to help you find it :)

In terms of Guides and porting them or posting them over here you are welcome to do so, in terms of format if you put the overview/into on the first post and then the walk through etc on the next posts. You can look at others for the general looks of how we do it. But there is nothing fancy to it. 

Premium is not a paid membership. It is something that the staff look at. When we feel a person is active, posting, giving to the site in terms of adding to it etc. 

hope that helps

fggIp3V.png

#4 MyPlanetPS_Kyle

MyPlanetPS_Kyle

• 7 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:52 PM

Thank you for the information. I will keep that in mind when trying to find a game to purchase as the foreign language stores are sometimes hard to navigate unless its a Ratalaika game lol. As far as the guides, I will take a look at the format you guys use and make one. The question I have now is there a specific thread to post them to for yall to look at or would I just need to post in a new thread and see if anyone accepts the guide? Just curious as I'd like to become more active and still trying to figure out the "forum" side of the site since I've never been a forum type person (stayed away from Reddit and 4chan). Thanks for the answers and as soon as I get the answer on where to post the guides I have I will go there and post. Thanks again for the help.

#5 sefjwm

sefjwm

YGC Owner & Skylanders Expert

• Graphics Team
  • 3866 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • PSN ID:sefjwm
  • Feedback Score:113

User's Awards

Posted 15 June 2020 - 01:42 PM

While we tend to generally follow a similar format or flow to our guides there is no rule or anything dictating that to the guide writer. Make the guides the way you feel can best explain the trophies and help the readers. You can use existing guides as an example if you want. If you have a guide you want to make and need a forum created for it go ahead and start the guide (probably in the PS4/Vita/VR discussion section) 

sefjwm.png

yHvACHU.png

#6 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 28813 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:612

User's Awards

Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:26 PM

I never thought about doing that in my guides so I will try and do a better job of that because it's a good idea

We do link to solaris japan for most of the guides to show what game to buy

#7 MyPlanetPS_Kyle

MyPlanetPS_Kyle

• 7 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:56 PM

yeah a lot of the Solaris links will help for some but a lot of the Solaris ones are translated as well or in a different title name because there have been a lot I couldnt copy/paste in to JP store and find. It's really weird. I usually order Solaris if its cheaper and figured that is an affiliated link so some money comes back to this site. However, if i can find it on sale or cheaper in JP PSN i'd prefer not to have to import it. Thanks for understanding the post. Love seeing the guides and they are extremely helpful. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Japan, Korean, Chinese, PSN, Trophy Guide, Trophies, Store Listing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users