• 2728 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • PSN ID:killerJAZZ420
  • Feedback Score:39

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:23 AM

BattleField 3 Review
Battlefield3.jpg

This is my first review, so understand there most likely will be mistakes.

That being said, BattleField 3 is a graphical masterpiece, in the sense that when you blow something up the smoke does linger. Compared to other FPS games such as the Call of Duty franchise where smoke rising and thats it. The game looks amazing it plays amazing, the MP maps are huge. But it does have some flaws, Sometimes it seems like the maps were made just for campers and snipers. Everybody else is just thrown out in the open and left to fend for themselves. Dont get me wrong theirs plenty of ways to avoid sniper fire and work around the camping but to do so you have to know the maps enough to manuver freely.

Campaign: The campaign was in my opnion AMAZING, there were some trouble spot such as the secound mission"Operation SwordBreaker". Where at the end of the mission you have to defend a walkway, from what seems like hundreds enemies as they run down a street at you. I'v heard that the campaign on hard ruins the game but i personally have beaten it, and i didn't find it to hard but everybodys time is different i guess. The game starts out in a dramtic jump from a bridge onto the top of a speeding subway, cool right. And thats just one of the masterful thrills youll go through playing. The plot is that a bad guy dont want to say who ploting to drop a nuke in New York, so of course you have to stop him. You control about 4-5 different people over the course of the game. I guess to make it seem like its less linear.

Multiplayer: I feel the MP was great when i first started playing, I was having fun i was playing with some friends. But after a while i started to feel like it was your same old FPS for example Call of Duty.
the shine that was multiplayer dimmed into a very annoying grinding session to reach level 45, and collect all 45 ribbons. I haven't gotton them all i have all but 10, but those 10 are time consuming a pretty much based on luck. So get ready for a frustrating Plat. I feel that if your just playing for fun then this game would be a blast, but for all you tophy hunters you will mosst likely end up regretting every dollar you spent on the neverending path to level 45.

Single Player Replay Value: if i had the chance to just do single player and not worry about MP id be on it

Replay Value: Doesn't have any unless your going to hop on the MP for a quick match every now and then. But that will probably end in you quitting due to fear of breaking something.

This post has been promoted to an article

#2 killerJAZZ420

killerJAZZ420

Gold Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2728 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:26 AM

i think its to short idk cant wait for some feedback i would reread over it but its 5 am so off to bed

#3 Roughdawg4

Roughdawg4

Platinum Poster

• Site Owner
  • 32872 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN ID:Roughdawg4
  • Feedback Score:619

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

Its good man :)

For the future, we like to keep reviews for imports, stackables, or community games but its a good 1st review.

#4 kewlguitarist

kewlguitarist

Bronze Poster

• Standard Members
  • 530 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • PSN ID:kewlguitarist
  • Feedback Score:33

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

In my opinion the campaign is absolutely atrocious. But the multiplayer is totally the opposite end of the scale. Probably the best multiplayer experience of any game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 mattybell2117

mattybell2117

Bellimus Prime

• Standard Members
  • 3651 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • PSN ID:mattybell2117
  • Feedback Score:110

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

I agree with guitar. The campaign is pretty crappy so far and that spot in Operation Swordbreaker is complete garbage. The MP is pretty great though. I don't really like the maps that much but they're not terrible I guess. Conquest has become my favourite mode whereas in bfbc2 as I ever played was hardcore rush. You can pull in like 8k points in conquest without too much problem and it makes levelling up much quicker. Haven't tried the co op yet but from what I hear it's even harder than the campaign. Some of the ribbons are gonna be tough to get imo. It's shaping up to a rare platinum which is nice. Another huge gripe I have is the damn glare. It's like there's 5 suns and you're playing in a tornado half the time. Dust and glare everywhere, gives me the worst headaches.
Posted Image

#6 The-Captain-388

The-Captain-388

Completionist

• 7872 posts
  • LocationO-Town, Florida, USA
  • PSN ID:The-Captain-388
  • Feedback Score:280

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

I agree with guitar. The campaign is pretty crappy so far and that spot in Operation Swordbreaker is complete garbage. The MP is pretty great though. I don't really like the maps that much but they're not terrible I guess. Conquest has become my favourite mode whereas in bfbc2 as I ever played was hardcore rush. You can pull in like 8k points in conquest without too much problem and it makes levelling up much quicker. Haven't tried the co op yet but from what I hear it's even harder than the campaign. Some of the ribbons are gonna be tough to get imo. It's shaping up to a rare platinum which is nice. Another huge gripe I have is the damn glare. It's like there's 5 suns and you're playing in a tornado half the time. Dust and glare everywhere, gives me the worst headaches.

^ LOL! Matty's been popping aspirin every night... I haven't even tried the campaign yet, but I've been having a blast with the MP, but I think that's mainly because I've been playing with Matty and a couple other friends online. I agree that the glare is annoying, but it does somewhat make it realistic (assuming it's 6 PM and the sun is coming down on every map we play, lol). The dust storm everywhere is ridiculous though. Not sure how dust everywhere makes anything realistic, other than maybe in a desert sandstorm level. I don't notice clouds of dust when I walk around outside, but maybe that's a Florida thing... :unsure:

I'm kind of glad they made it tough too, which leads to a rarer Platinum. With a really good partner, co-op shouldn't be too bad, but we'll see. I just know the grind to Level 45 will be about 100 hours for the (above) average player. That alone will keep many people from Platinuming this game, or even touching it at all...
<p class='bbc_center'><a href='http://psnprofiles.com/The-Captain-388' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Posted Image</a></p>

#7 killerJAZZ420

killerJAZZ420

Gold Poster

• Standard Members
  • 2728 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

i understand what you mean guys and this is just how i feel but i totally get how you like some things more then me and hate others things like how i hate all COD games yet its like the 11th most sold game of all time

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Review, Battlefield 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users